Chapter 2 (Backstory)

Atsushi POV:

I was laying on my bed half awake and half asleep when I heard banging at the door of the apartment I share with Kyouka. The banging got more aggressive by the second, it got so aggressive I thought the door would come off the hinges. Luckily that didn't happen because Kyouka answered the door before it could happen.

As I sat up and opened the door to the closet I could hear Kyouka talking to whoever was banging at the door but I couldn't make out what they were saying. The person who was banging on the door sounded familiar but I just couldn't remember who it was.

I had left the closet and stepped into the hallway that led straight to the door so I could see who the person at the door was. When I saw who was at the door I was shocked. It was Akutagawa.

Before I knew what had happened, Akutagawa had wrapped Rashomon around me and brought me to his side. I started to move around trying to get free but Akutagawa just made Rashomon wrap tighter around me. It was hard for me to breath as the grip Rashomon had on me got even tighter.

I was still trying to get free by moving about as Akutagawa started walking away from the apartment. Though while doing that I watched Kyouka as she just stood in the door way and just watched as Akutagawa took me to who knows where. To say I was confused by what was happening would be a understatement.

"Could you stop moving about, it's annoying." Akutagawa told me coldly.

I tried replying but it only came out as mumbles due to Rashomon covering my mouth. So I instead of yelling at him I just glared at him to get my message across.

"Don't glare at me like that, I'm not going to do anything to you." Akutagawa stated.

My gaze shifted to one of confusion. Akutagawa was not one to lie so why was he kidnapping me if not to do something bad to me. And the fact Kyouka just let him take me plays a part in me believing that Akutagawa wasn't going to do something bad with me.

Akutagawa seemed to tell I was confused so he explained what was happening.

"Dazai sent me to pick you up so we could go on a undercover mission together." Akutagawa explained.

Just then Akutagawa released me from Rashomon and I fell to the floor. As I fit the ground I let out a yelp from the pain of hitting the ground and the shock of him suddenly releasing me.

I slowly got up from the floor while rubbing my back to help with the pain. Once my back started to hurt less I give Akutagawa an annoyed look.

"Couldn't you have bin more gentle." I asked him even though I knew his answer already.

"Of course not, you foul." Akutagawa replied bluntly.

I sigh before asking him more about the undercover mission.

"Why am I just hearing about this undercover mission?" I asked annoyed. I really want to go back to bed after my long day of work the day before I was really tired.

"It just showed up, some enemy group threatened both the mafia and the Ada. When that happened Dazai assigned us to go undercover in the enemy groups ranks to take them down from the inside." Akutagawa told me.

"Is everyone at the agency alright!" I asked worried someone could of been hurt.

"They are all fine, the group has only made threats so far nothing more but they are know for destroying groups that's why no time can be wasted." Akutagawa answered.

We walked along through the rest of the apartment build quickly getting to the ground flour where a fancy, all black car was parked.

"Come on this way." Akutagawa instructed. Akutagawa pointed to the fancy car that was parked.

I felt very embrassed when I got into the car for was still in my pjs which didn't look the best. When we were both seated in the back seats with are seatbelts on, the person in the driver's seat turned around and preceded to tell us where we were going now and the plans ahead. We had to me given disguises to not be recognized when undercover. I was quite embarrassed with the disguises I was given due to it making be look very feminine.

We then were given the information about are fake identities and spent an hour reading through them.

After, we were taken to the met up spot, the guild had helped organize, where we were taken to be questioned before they would let us into their ranks.

And that is how the undercover mission started.