Chapter 44

*Long update*

Disclaimer : The beginning is a little dark, if you are uncomfortable don't proceed further and jump to the second half.

*The story doesn't intend to promote any of the horrific behaviors written in the first half.*

Vikrant was agitated when he saw that Rohit had placed the bag in the cupboard and he could have no view of what was happening in the room; he the control of the device and dragged Priya inside the room. This time when he tried to slap her, she held his hand with all the might and gave him a tighter slap that he went two steps behind. She was surprised at her might and so was Vikrant, he stared at her for sometime and even before he could recover, she held him through his collar, with tears of anger and frustration running down her eyes she spoke, "SHOCKED MUCH?? THAT YOU COULDN'T GET TO HIT ME? GALTI MERI HAI KI I LET YOU HAVE ALL THOSE CHANCES WITH ME FOR STRAIGHT 5 YEARS. YOU ARE SICK VIKRANT. ABSOLUTELY SICK. I THOUGHT THINGS WOULD GET BETTER BETWEEN US SOMEDAY.. BUT I WAS A FOOL. YOU ARE A PSYCHOPATH. TUMHE TUMHARE ANJAAM TAK AB MEIN POHANCHAUNGI. FOR ALL THOSE NIGHTMARES AND TRAUMA, I SWEAR I WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL. IT'S PAYBACK TIME MR.VIKRANT DHINGRA. JUST WAIT AND WATCH." She pushed him back, and he did falter but he laughed evilly and held her by her hair, "GOT SOME NEW FOUND COURAGE? BHOOL GAYI TUMHARI MAA NE KYA KAHA THA? SHE CAN'T HAVE YOU BREAK OUR ALLIANCE, AND YOU MY DEAR WIFE, ARE BOUND TO SERVE ME. HONESTLY, I TRIED BEING GOOD TO YOU BY HURTING YOU AND BEATING YOU LESS, BUT I THINK BECAUSE OF THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO SLAP ME TODAY, BUT GUESS WHAT I DON'T MIND, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE PREPARING FOR SONAKSHI'S AND MY WEDDING.." and he once again laughed while Priya winced as the pull on her hair got tighter yet she couldn't help but laugh at his idiotic thoughts, "First of all BHAAD MEIN JAO TUM AUR MERI MAA AUR WOH SAARE LOG WHO WANTED ME TO STAY WITH AN ABUSER LIKE YOU.. AND kya kaha tumne.. You and Sonakshi?" she let out another laugh, "that is NEVER going to happen Vikrant because Number One, SONAKSHI IS WAY BEYOND YOUR REACH. NUMBER TWO - ROHIT WILL KILL YOU IF YOU EVEN THINK OF TOUCHING HER. NUMBER THREE - SONAKSHI IS FAR MORE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK. NUMBER FOUR - TRY YOUR 110% AND STILL YOU CANNOT BREAK THE LOVE THEY BUILD." hearing her, Vikrant left the hold on the hair and started frantically speaking, "Rohit and Sonakshi don't have a future.. Sonakshi is MINE. SHE WILL BE MINE. SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MINE. ROHIT. ROHIT. ROHIT. WHAT THE HELL IS IN ROHIT?" he dangerously came close to you Priya and held pressed her cheeks, "Rohit mein aisa kya hai jo mujh mein nahi hai? You have seen me in bed.. I am good. I can kill anyone for her.. Then what is it? He isn't even a good football player, I am one of the best then why not me?" She yelped in pain but with all the might she pushed him away from her and screamed, "YOU ARE A MONSTER. MONSTER VIKRANT. AND TUM ROHIT KE PAIRON KE DHOOL KE BARABAR BHI NAHI HO VIKRANT. YOU ARE SICK. AND WHAT DID YOU SAY 'GOOD IN BED'? She let out a sad laugh "HAVING SEX WITHOUT CONSENT TO REMOVE YOUR FRUSTRATION ISN'T CALLED 'GOOD IN BED' VIKRANT. THAT'S CALLED COMITTING RAPE. AND IT'S A NON BAILABLE OFFENSE. ROHIT WOULDN'T EVEN TOUCH SONAKSHI WITHOUT HER CONSENT, NOT BECAUSE HE CAN'T BUT BECAUSE HE RESPECTS HER. HE RESPECTS EMOTIONS. AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU DO NOT LOVE SONAKSHI. YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH HER. AND ALL THE HEINOUS THOUGHTS YOU HAVE ARE ALL GOING TO WASH DOWN THE DRAIN." She was turning around to walk away when he removed his belt and was going to latch it on her back, but she held the belt before it could touch her and turned around, circling it in her hands and snatched it from him. He then again began to speak frantically, " Sonakshi is mine. Sonakshi is mine." It was making Priya shiver down at the monster she was facing but she had to keep herself together so that Sonakshi is safe. She felt like laughing at how powerful it is when someone you like is in the picture and you are willing to take a stand for them but not for yourself. She could have walked away from all this Vikrant mess the day Rohit and Mehul had complained about Vikrant but she put all the blame on them stating that they were falsely accusing Vikrant because she was scared. Scared that Vikrant would hurt her parents. But which parents is she talking about? The ones who let her stay with the monster just because it was "marriage". She could have gathered some strength to walk out. To not be tortured. To not be sexually assaulted all these years.. But the truth is also that, that she started to become lifeless and lose all hope with the light. It was just the day they had been on the football ground, that she was seeing the sun and light again in its glory. The day she met Sonakshi and saw how Rohit and Sonakshi's love is. Sonakshi spoke with her and she was sweet with her since the very first meet, for the first time she felt like she got a friend. A friend who can listen to her. She wanted to cry it out to her, to everyone to save her but the voice died in her throat and all she could do was watch her cheer heartily for Rohit. It was endearing at the same time she felt a tiny bit of jealousy that she would probably never get to experience this kind of love. Tears made their way out, but it went unnoticed. That day when they were leaving, she didn't want to return to this cave of darkness, but she also knew that day - to experience light you need to fight the dark. It doesn't come easy to some. From that there was a new priya, who tried to learn self defense techniques online, most of the times she failed, But today when it worked, she was happy. She didn't want to put the camera on her bag that day, but Vikrant had mixed poison in his parents food, and if she didn't go and do as said, he would kill two innocent souls; therefore she went and did as she said, but Sonaksh's words fired up her confidence and cleverly she tried putting on a note that there was a camera being fit, but the piece of paper fell off her bag to the ground instead. Sonakshi giving her the number was just a bonus, and she knew what had to be done and also that she wanted to protect Sonakshi from the monster.