☆Chapter 11☆

It's been an hour and it's time for us to close up. Matteo and Angelo are still here. Lorenzo and Isabella left about 30 minutes ago.

I walk up to their table and I still see the food they ordered on it.
"Do you guys want to-go bags?" I ask, clearly seeing one bag won't be enough.
"Uh, yes please," Matteo chuckles.

I walk away from their table and go to the counter to get their to-go bags then I take them back to their table.

When I put the bags on the table, Angelo asks " Uhh, where's Anaya."
"Oh she's in the back", "Can I go in" he asks. "Sure," I say unsure because no one apart from staff is allowed back there.

He gets up and heads to the back and I start packing up the food.
I feel Matteo staring and I try to ignore it.

I still feel him staring at me after a while, so I ask " What?... is there something on my face?".
"No no no, there's nothing on your face," he says
"Then?" I ask
"You're just so beautiful"

He says and I freeze. I stopped everything I was doing and I tried to process what he just said.

"What..?" I ask in complete shock
"You're beautiful and I know I can't see your full face, but I can already tell that you are so beautiful"
"Th...thanks," I say not being able to fathom what he just said.

I pack everything as fast as I can and I rush back to the counter.

He follows me to the counter and asks
"Are you ok?"

"Ye...yeah. I'm ok" I say and I start feeling dizzy again.
It's probably because I haven't eaten more than 2 meals this past week and it wasn't even full meals. It was an apple.

I sit on the stool and my breathing becomes uneven.

I'm having a panic attack.

I start clutching my chest trying to breathe properly.
---
Matteo's P.O.V

"Ali...Aliyah, are you OK? I ask.

Her eyes start becoming droopy, " Aliyah, Aliyah." I start calling.

Her eyes close and I rush to her before she falls onto the ground.
Anaya and Angelo rush out from the back.

I pick her up and take her to my car. "Where are you taking her?" Anaya asks with tears in her eyes.
"We need to take her to the hospital, she's clearly not ok. She was shaking, she's dizzy, she fainted, she has a cast on her wrist. And I know I'm not the only one who saw those scars on her arms. Something isn't right, " I say pointing out everything that proves she isn't ok.

I lay her in the back seat and I head to the driver's side. Angelo gets in the passenger side and when I look to where Anaya is standing, she's not there. I see her rushing out the cafe with her bag and Aaliyah's bag and she's locking the place up.
She goes into the back seat and as soon as she closes the door, I speed off.

I don't know how many red traffic lights I drive past but I didn't even care. When we reach the hospital, I turn off the car and go to the backseat so that I can take Aaliyah out of the car.

Once I take her out of the car, I enter the hospital and I already see a doctor heading toward us with a stretcher.

I tell him what happened and they take her into a room to run a few tests. Before the doctor goes I hold his wrist.

"If anything happens to her, it won't be good for you, for your team and for this hospital, trust me," I tell him and he looks like he's gonna shit his pants.

He enters the room and I take a seat on one of the chairs. I look over to Angelo and Anaya and I see him hugging and consoling.

I've never seen him like anyone as much as he likes her.

It's been about 4 excruciating hours and the doctor finally comes out with his clipboard looking white as a ghost when he sees me.

I shoot up from my seat and stand in front of him.

"Uh, sh-she's OK n-now" he stutters.
"What happened to her?" I ask

"She's weak because she hasn't eaten in about 7-8 days and she lost a lot of blood from her right arm and internal bleeding." He says and we're all in shock.

"In-internal bleeding from-from what and where?" Anaya asks.
"It looks like a knife was slid down her right arm and it looks like she has internal bleeding from some hard blows to her ribs and stomach."

We were all frozen on the spot as the doctor said "You can go in and see her."

He said but none of us moved, being shocked by the news.
I look at Anaya and Angelo and see them both shocked and Anaya looks devastated meaning she also didn't know.

I walk into the room and they follow me in.
I see her lying on the bed and surprisingly her mask is still on.

She looks so pale and lifeless.
I see a bit of her left wrist and they're so many self-harm scars and many other scars on just the little amount of her wrist I can see.

We walk towards her and she starts to wake up. She tries sitting upright but it seems painful so I head toward her and help her out.

Anaya goes to her and hugs her and when they let go, she leaves her head on Aaliyah's shoulder.

"Aaliyah, are you OK?" I ask and she looks at me looking shocked.
"Yeah, I'm fine," She tells me.

I give her a glass of water but she pushes it away probably because she can't drink it because of her mask.

"What's the time?" She asks.
"It's 10:04," Angelo says and she turns pale as a ghost.

"What" she says with so much fear in her eyes.