𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐘

RAVEN CARLISLE HARTHILL.

Casting a barrier spell to protect ourselves didn't sit right. The staff told me I would be safe with Elleanor. Maybe I was stubborn. Maybe I wanted to follow my gut instead of being told what to do. And if this failed, everything about our prophecies would end together with whatever it linked from.

Another prophecy. And the one who received it was Terrence. First, was the light he emitted. Second, light seeps through every corner possible. It was a way to alert every being that existed in the unordinary world about a prophecy's existence. That was what I needed to prevent.

He must not be found. If he was found by those being again...I was willing to risk everything if I had to.

I didn't waste a second, I took my staff out and held it on my left. Consecutively, I raised my right hand—palm up and chanted the words to create a barrier.

"Exi obice." From the ground, sprouted columns of crystals moved like fabrics of silk thrown in the air. They lapped into a dome. Instead of us, I made sure it surrounded Terrence.

"What do you—oh," Elleanor cut herself off. She realized what was going on.

She stepped back which made me glance in her direction. "You got this." She raised her hands with her fists closed, and opted to cheer me.

"Are you serious?"

She clicked her tongue. "Yes." And flashed an inverted smile.

I had a lot of questions, but casting a barrier was the top priority. I focused, releasing more energy from my core to the staff. Mana. Potent, but hard to gather. The barrier continued to tower over and encircle Terrence. Every second passing contributed to a higher risk of danger. It was taking too long for the sphere to complete its form. A greater amount of energy was needed than usual. With the power I had, I was sure to complete the barrier, but if I had to make it last...that was another problem.

I felt a weight on my shoulder. It was Elleanor. From her hand, power surged. I channeled it to my core the way Father taught me. Identical to electricity, the waves came through my body. I didn't move as I absorbed the deadly current. If the transfer were disturbed by almost anything, both of us would die.

The barrier came to completion. Just about when the second phase was to start. Light scoured the transparent dome for a crevice to burst from. I made another, layering the previous one. 

The ground violently shook, influenced by the anger of the light's futile attempts to escape. It resulted in small combustion on the inside.

I created two, but the second one formed slower which meant I was at my limit. The rest of my mana along with what I borrowed from Elleanor need to be used to maintain the barrier from that point.