𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐈 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐅𝐅

RAVEN CARLISLE HARTHILL.

Part of me pitied Terrence. He had to face this problem of a prophecy that was yet to be debunked. Days of constant fear for the safety of his loved ones, months to years of training to stay alive, and the normal life of a mage left for the unknown. The prophecy was nothing but suffering. Although I was not able to deny the relief I had, knowing that I was not the only one.

"Let's hear it," Elleanor said. "I need to know so that I can help the two of you."

Terrence sighed but covered the gloom on his face with a smile. I admired his positivity. It was hard to compose yourself when you knew something about fate. Not just any fate; with prophecies, it was always everybody's fate.

I was all ears. It was not every day you could hear a prophecy from another. He glanced at Elleanor seeking confirmation if he should start, to which she nodded. And so, he spoke:

"The end begins when the two omens meet

Conquer the deceiver by retrieving its heart

The sheep shall walk with you, avoiding defeat

Three must be the number before thou depart.

Thou lion beware, thy soul, thou must keep,

Once broken, havoc will reap."

"I cannot believe it," she muttered, then looked at us. "Your prophecies are connected."

I heard a few words that were the same as mine, but what made her so sure about the connection? Terrence's eyebrows knitted, mirroring mine. Things have gotten more interesting and we were not even at the starting line.

"It would do us great if you could elaborate on how connected they are," I said. Not just great, but a lot of help. It gave me a pinch of confidence. If we learned more about ourselves, then there were more ways to figure out how the prophecies unfold.

"In your prophecy, you were the 'sheep' and that gives away a lot. A 'lion' was also mentioned. Both of them clearly stated that the sheep 'walks with him', At least this one by far the fastest I figured out."

"Then what about the others?" Terrence asked.

"Died before I could even know the prophecies they hold," she spoke as a matter of fact.

Disbelief painted my face. If they died, then were they even able to complete the prophecies that were given to them? And what if, the ones we have now were their failed fates, becoming our burden?