Part 7

Orchid visited the prison with a small basket. Velvet came out with 2 guards. She lit up when she saw Orchid. "Hi Velvet! How have you been?" Orchid greeted as her cheeks turned darker. "Hey Orchid. I've been okay. Anyways, how have you been? Has Veneer been alright?" she replied. "I've been good, just doing Ritz's work while he's recovering. Veneer's doing good, just worrying about Ritz," she answered. "Oh? Who's Ritz?" Velvet asked. "He's the interviewer. His real name is Kid Ritz, but Veneer and I call him Ritz," Orchid replied with a smile. "Oh him," Velvet said and looked away. "So, uhm, has Veneer said anything about me yet?" Velvet asked. "Not really. He just talks about how he misses you. He's talked about how he wished that he tried harder to persuade you from using the trolls for their talent," Orchid answered. "I didn't think he would miss me that much," Velvet mumbled. "Of course, he does! You're his sister and his role model! That's why you're so important to him!" Orchid exclaimed somewhat quietly. Velvet nodded as tears filled her eyes. She and Orchid talked for a while longer until visiting hours were over. Orchid gave her the basket and left with a soft smile on her face.

Velvet was released from solitary confinement since she's calmed down a lot. She would be released 8 months after Veneer was, which would be 2 years. She hated prison but knew she deserved being there. Velvet was pretty worried about Kid Ritz even though she didn't like him. She started dozing off until her friend tapped her shoulder. "Alvin wants to talk to you," she said with a shrug. "Why?" Velvet asked. "I think it might be because your brother's gone," she replied. Velvet sighed and walked up to him. "What did you want you creep?" she asked. "Ah, I just wanted to ask about your brother," he answered as his face grew a little darker. "Look. I don't want you near my brother, understand?" she stated with a glare. "Oh, come on! I just want to know if he's single and stuff like that! I won't hurt him or anything," he replied. Velvet rolled her eyes and scoffed. She decided not to tell him anything too personal about her little brother. She didn't want him getting hurt by some creep.

Alvin asked many personal questions about Veneer. It was really disturbing to hear him ask so many questions. Velvet answered them the best she could without exploiting her brother. She knew exactly what he wanted from Veneer. She wouldn't let that happen to him. She finally just stormed away after about 15 minutes. Her and her friends were repulsed by the things he wanted to do to her brother. He never directly stated what he wanted to do, but it was more than obvious. Velvet was still angry about it the next day when Orchid came to visit her. "What's wrong, Velvet? Did someone do something to you?" Orchid asked in a gentle voice. Velvet sighed and explained what happened the day before. "I can't believe that he would want to hurt Veneer that way! I really hope he didn't hurt him while he slept," Orchid exclaimed. "If he did hurt my brother, he would be dead. I won't let anyone hurt my brother," she replied as she clenched her fists. Orchid sighed and put her hand on Velvet's. "Veneer's out now. That creep can't hurt him," Orchid said softly. "Yeah. I'm glad he's safe now," Velvet mumbled with a small smile. Orchid stayed for a while and kept caressing Velvet's hand as a way to help calm her down. She wanted to hug Velvet but couldn't yet.

Veneer held Kid Ritz tighter as the two laid on the couch. 3 months have passed since Ritz had his surgery. Veneer wouldn't let Ritz do anything by himself. Kid Ritz was taking pain medication for the migraines and a few other types of medications. Veneer made sure that he didn't overwork himself like he was doing before. He was proud of him for taking on all of that but Ritz needed a lot of rest. Veneer fell asleep during the night. Ritz was playing with Veneer's hair since he had trouble sleeping. He stayed awake most nights, even with Melatonin that he takes. Ritz was pretty restless. He needed a drink of water. He got up and went to one of the cabinets. He got a cup and went to the fridge. He got a small dizzy spell and almost fell. He sighed and got himself a drink. Arms wrapped around him, which made him almost drop his cup. "Why are you not laying down with me?" A sleepy Veneer asked. "I-I just wanted a drink," Ritz replied. "You should've asked me," he mumbled and hugged him tighter. "You were asleep though," Ritz replied as he grew embarrassed. "Do I care? No. Next time ask me. I don't want you hurting yourself," Veneer said while resting his chin on Ritz's head. Ritz took a few sips and leaned back on Veneer's chest. Veneer smiled and backed away so that Ritz could move better. Ritz was finished with his drink after a few moments and Veneer took him back to the couch. Veneer gave him kisses on his head and cheek. Ritz was very embarrassed but also loved the affection.

Ritz was taking a nap on the couch as Veneer cooked him something to eat. Ritz couldn't handle much right now because of the medicines he was taking. Veneer finished cooking it after a bit and put the bowl down on the coffee table. He knelt down and moved Ritz's hair away from his eye. He kissed his forehead and started playing with his hair. He couldn't help but kiss his face. He was just adorable when he slept. Veneer just loved kissing him. He just felt like Ritz needed kisses. "Hm? V-Veneer? What're you doing?" Ritz asked as Veneer kissed the corner of his mouth. "Just giving my beautiful boyfriend kisses," Veneer answered with a soft smile. "They're nice," Ritz replied as he sat up. "Such a cutie," Veneer said. "D-Don't start," Ritz mumbled as his face grew hot. "Aw, but why? You're just way too cute! I just want to hold you and kiss you everywhere," Veneer replied with a somewhat teasing look. "What does that mean?" Ritz asked as he grew more embarrassed. Veneer got up and hugged him tightly. Ritz was really warm. He was Veneer's personal heater. Ritz noticed his soup and started eating it. It was his favorite kind too. Ritz leaned on Veneer's shoulder as he ate his soup.