4

I was humming in the kitchen when I heard my phone go off. I smiled and went to retrieve it. I was just about to make my lunch for tomorrow. For Louis and myself of course. Anyways! I picked up my phone and I see that it's a text from Louis. I unlocked my phone and started to reply to my friend.

Louis: Hey Harold! I'm really bored and the others are out on a double date, and with me not wanting to be the fifth wheel, I stayed back. Please tell me that you aren't with others too🥺

No, I'm actually about to start cooking.

Louis: Ooh! Is it okay for me to come over?

Well, let me ask my mum first and I'll let you know!

Louis: Of course!

I walked into the living room and I saw my mum watching the TV with her cup of tea in her hand. "Hey mum?" I called and she turned her head to look at me. "My friend Louis is wondering if he can come over?" I asked dand she smiled. "That'll be okay! Does he want anything to eat when he shows up?" "I'm not sure. I'm about to cook our lunches for tomorrow anyways, so I'll make something else if he's hungry," I tell her and she nods her head and looked back at the screen.

You can come over! The address is .....

Louis: Got it! Only 5 minutes away! Be there shortly!

Okay Lewis!

Louis: 😡

You called me Harold😝

I chuckled and put my phone down. I stood in the middle of the kitchen, still not knowing what I should make for our lunch. "I could make a pasta, but I could make some plant based stuff..." I wondered while I was looking through the fridge. By the time I got an idea though, there was a knock at the front door.

"I got it mum!" I exclaimed as I walked up to the front door. I opened it and I saw Louis with a smile on his face. "Hey Louis! Come in," I said and stood off to the side to let my friend inside. He stepped in and he instantly looked around the area. "Well isn't this place cozy?" He wondered and I smiled. "I thought the same thing when we first moved here. If you want, we can hang out in the kitchen? Just came up with something to make for our lunch tomorrow," I told him and he nodded his head. 

We walked into the kitchen together and I started to pull out everything that I was going to need for this meal. As I was getting everything ready, Louis was talking to me, asking me a bunch of questions that we took a long time talking about.

"Are you into podcasts or do you only listen to music?" He asked first and I looked at him. I saw him looking at his phone, but he did look at me eventually. "Are you getting this from some website?" "Hey! These are apparently the best questions to ask to get to know someone better. Now answer!" He demanded in a joking way and it made me chuckle.

"Well as much as I love music, I can never go a day without listening to at least one podcast." "I somehow knew that you were going to say that. You seem like the podcast type of guy," Louis said, chuckling. "And that is a bad thing?" "No. It makes you seem very wise and talking to you would definitely make people feel at peace within themselves. Now I'm more music than podcast, but that's just me though." "You seem very expressive, so I'm not surprised either. You like to show how you feel in certain ways and music can do that for anyone," I reply and start to make the meal.

"Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home?" "I love the comfort of being at home, so I pick watching at home. Now I won't shut down any ideas of hanging out at the movies, but you can always make your surroundings so much more comfortable at home. There is only a limited amount of things that you can do at the theaters." "I agree. I actually spend some good time having a movie Mara of my own if I have absolutely nothing to do. These seem interesting, but I want to make things a little more fun." "Oh?"