Chapter 1

Harry felt as if he had just fallen asleep when he got roused by a very eager ginger.

"Harry, Harry, come on, we're going to be late!" Then a water balloon was thrown into his face and the face of his best friend, a bunk below him. He watched as Fred and George -notorious mischief makers in and out of Hogwarts- ran out of the orange room, laughing the whole way.

"Oi! Not funny!" Ron hollered after them. "Bloody hell, I'm soaking. You alright, Harry?"

Harry, meanwhile, was trying to pry the wet pillowcase- somewhat sticky- off his face. "No, not really," he replied. "Wish I could use a Ventus spell on this."

A yawn escaped him. "What time is it?"

"Around 4:50, I think. At least, that's when dad said we would be woken up. Didn't know it would be like that..." Ron trailed off, annoyed at the twins and most likely debating revenge. It was just then that Harry remembered why they were getting up so early in the first place.

The Quidditch World Cup. The legendary showdown between two of the best teams in the world, the epitome of Quidditch games. This was going to be one of the most exciting days this summer, and Harry had been looking forward to it for months. Bulgaria versus Ireland, two impressive teams, but only one could win. It was going to be epic. With that motivation, he got out of bed, despite the ungodly hour they were up at, and started dressing.

Within five or so minutes he had gotten into his shirt, pants, socks, shoes, and had tied a jacket around his waist just in case it got windy. He grabbed his bag he had packed the night before, inside lay his pajamas, toothbrush and toothpaste, hair brush (though his hair was a lost cause at this point), and he took his wand and money bag out of it and put those in his pocket. Pretty much ready to go, minus the empty stomach he was currently running on. He was used to empty stomachs, though. The Dursley family's knack for ignoring him and Dudley's new diet (assigned by his school nurse) had left him missing more meals than was healthy and taking his normal diet and leaving skimpy nutritions with hardly enough to stop the growling from his gut.

His frame, normally slender, but still with some muscle from his food at Hogwarts and his Quidditch expertise there- had become almost pitiful, but not yet skeletal. But it would grow and plump up a bit, it always did after the welcoming feast on the first day. Mrs. Weasley's cooking had given him a headstart on this, and for that, he was thankful. He would take it over living off of lettuce and grapefruits any day.

When he reached the bottom stair, he smelled what was for breakfast and heard what was for the twins. Mrs. Weasley was summoning things out of the twins's pockets, the lining of their jackets, and even the turn-up of Fred's jeans.

"We told you to destroy them! We told you to get rid of the lot!" Mrs. Weasley yelled. She summoned more of the blue-wrapped candies, which looked to be Ton-Tongue Toffees. "Accio! Accio! Accio!"

Ton-Tongue Toffees were little sweets that had a nasty bite- or made you have one. Harry had learned their purpose a few days ago when some of the Weasley family (Mr. Weasley, Ron, George, Fred) had come visit the Dursley's house to pick him up. The twins had "accidentally" spilled the candies onto the ground, picking up all but one. Poor Dudley, on a diet, couldn't help but resist the sugary aroma it presented. Within a few seconds of tasting the treat, his tongue swelled up to four times its normal size. First a tail, then a tongue the size of a ruler, no wonder Dudley cowered at even the mention of sorcery.

When the last of the Toffees had been summoned by Mrs. Weasley, she turned to smile politely at Harry and now Ron, who had just come down the stairs to hear what the commotion was all about.

"How about some breakfast, dear?" She said, more to Harry.

"Sure, mom."

"Of course, Mrs. Weasley."

After a few minutes of wolfing down their eggs, bacon, and sausages, Ginny and Hermione came down the stairs. Ginny's face, still freckled, and Hermione's afro, as frizzy as ever.

"Morning." They both said. Ginny yawned, Hermione grinned.

She took her place next to Ron, and Ginny took a place in between Harry and Mr. Weasley, who looked about as tired as the rest of them. Needless to say, breakfast was a rather quiet affair, broken only by Mr. Weasley checking his watch.

"Well, we should be heading off by now." He gave Mrs. Weasley a quick peck on the cheek ("Aw, mum, dad, not in front of Harry and Hermione") who wished them farewell, and told Fred and George to behave themselves.

They stepped out of the front door, onto the porch, and the hike began.

(A/N Hiiiiiiiiiiii! I love Hedric, so thought I might as well add to the mountain of things I have to do. Just letting you know a few things. Cover art is not mine, looked it up on google, all rights and stuff go to J.K. Rowling. I will try to update daily, that means shorter chapters than I'm used to, but that's okay. I will try to stick to the books as much as I can, I may not use quotes directly, just along the same lines, and I will be making some changes to the original plot (like all the gay stuff and Hermione is now of African descent. [There are too many caucasian people in Harry Potter]). Anyway, hope you enjoy this story, and maybe check me out on Quotev! (username: everythinghp)

I love y'all, have a great day/night.)