Chapter 5

~Jihye~

I couldn't move. Not while everyone is looking at me like this.

Seokjin and his wife stopped talking and were now looking at me. I saw his wife—Yumi, I think it was, eyes narrowing on me. She was judging me.

The youngest member, Jungkook had stopped eating and was now watching me. Like the others, I could see that he was alert but he was also curious too. I didn't like it. It was like he was trying to figure me out. They all were.

As for Yoongi and Seyeon, they were smiling at me and I relaxed. Just a little.

Namjoon and Jimin was nowhere to be found.

Hoseok slid his arm around my shoulder, making me tense. Leaning down, lips near my ear, he said, "Namjoon will be here soon. Whatever you do, don't hurt him. He's a precious brother."

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Don't be," he said, squeezing my shoulder in attempt to comfort me. It didn't work at all. He was scary as heck.

"Jihye!" Seyeon giggled, bouncing my way. She grabbed onto both my hands, "How are you?!"

"G-good," I stammered.

"You're scaring her," Yoongi said, walking towards us.

I looked over my shoulder and saw that Hoseok was smiling at us. Why was he smiling when he just... sort of warned me off not to long ago?

"How have you been?" Yoongi asked me as I glanced back at him.

"Good," I replied, softly.

"Judging by your expression, you have no idea we were all going to be here, right?" he chuckled.

I just smiled.

"Come," Seyeon said, grabbing my hand. "we're almost done with the food."

"O-okay," I said, letting her lead me towards the sofas. She planted me on the sofa, sitting down beside me.

I shifted, uncomfortable by the eyes that were still watching me. As if she knew, Jiyeon came towards me, sitting on the other side.

When everyone went back to talking and laughing, it didn't soothe me one bit. One minute I was having an argument with Daeyoung outside my driveway and now I'm sitting here with a famous idol group and their other halves.

They didn't mind me one bit but I still felt eyes on me. Once or twice, I'd caught some of them staring at me, trying to figure me out. I know that they see me as a threat to Namjoon. That's probably because Namjoon kept quiet about our past... something I'm thankful for. Even though Jiyeon's become a close friend of mine, I haven't said a single word to her. She doesn't pry too so that's why I decided that I don't mind having her as a friend.

I just didn't expect her or Hoseok to drag me into their lives. Or the fact that I'd bumped into Yoongi who became close too. Both he and Seyeon accepted me warmly even though I tried to stay out of it.

When I noticed Yoongi looking so lost after Seyeon's incident, I couldn't walk away even if I wanted to. Because he was Namjoon's hyung, someone Namjoon loves and respects... and he was hurting. That's why I couldn't walk away.

"What's with the noise?" I heard Namjoon grumbled.

My heart skipped a beat as I glanced up and saw him walk down the stairs, hands in his pockets, hair messy and clothes crinkled. Seeing him, makes me want to cry and scream at him. I didn't want to do either so I stayed away from him.

I looked away when his eyes came to me.

I didn't know what to do with this feeling... my heart stirred in a way it hasn't for a very long time. The effect only Namjoon has on me.