42. Aarnav

"Excuse me

"Excuse me." I opened my window and called out for a stranger.

"Do you know the route to Oberoi Mansion?" I asked.

"No, can't remember." The old aged man replied.

I was very disappointed because it's been like one and a half hour and I am searching for Oberoi Mansion in the Shimla mountains.

For a minute I thought if I was searching at the wrong place but I was very sure that Mansion was on the top.

Just when I was about to close the window the man said, "Akshay ke bete ho?" (You are Akshay's son?)

And I was relieved that someone recognized me. The area was still not developed so they don't know who I was. I might be one of the richest billionaire CEO but here I was just a normal human being. My Mom loved this place because she was just a normal person here, without internet or any media capturing every moment, she can go anywhere and anytime she wants.

"You know him?" I asked.

"Yes, I worked at the Mansion for ten years." He said in his weak voice.

He worked for 10 years and I don't know him at all, it's almost like I have never seen him.

"I'll guide you." He said.

"That would be very helpful, please help yourself in the car."

He was very weak and not able to open the door, he was struggling. So I hopped out of the car and helped him to get in.

The top of the mountains was almost like heaven. The trees and roads were covered with snow and everyone looked so happy. Shimla's cold whether was a blissful feeling for someone who lives in Mumbai's twelve months of summer. The wind here have a sound and there were bonfires outside every house.
I didn't come here after my 8th birthday and I was surprised that I don't remember anything about these roads or route except for the Mansion's outer structure.

It took us 15 minutes and we finally reached. It was covered with dust and webs and the surrounding was full of dry leaves like the one in every typical haunted movie. Hearing the word Mansion one might think it's a very big royal house but actually it was just a small house with a vintage hall, one kitchen and two bedrooms. It had no luxury products yet peaceful.

The moment I entered, I thought that I was in  someone else's house. How did I exactly remember how the mansion looked from outside but from inside I didn't recognize anything about this place, maybe because once I saw the picture of outer mansion in a photo album but Mom wouldn't let me see the album ahead.

"It's very dirty, you can wait at my place till I have someone to clean this." He said.

"No I'll clean it myself." I said.