𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 | 𝐯.𝐡

₊˚ ☃️・₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆

VANCE AND I HAD been together for a few months, and Christmas was just around the corner. Vance admitted that he wasn't a fan of Christmas, refusing to explain why. Despite my questions on why, he remained tight-lipped and avoided the subject.

One evening, we sat on my couch, with my parents out on a date night. I had asked Vance to keep me company, and he agreed. His arm wrapped around me as we watched cartoons—something I had convinced him to do.

Turning to him, I tapped his shoulder, and he responded with a quiet 'yes.' "Can you tell me why you don't like christmas?" I asked, eager to understand his hate for such an amazing time of year.

"I've mentioned before that I just don't like it" he shrugged. "But there has to be a reason, right? You can't just hate Christmas" I said. Vance sighed and faced me.

"Christmas with my parents was always the worst; now it just reminds me of them too much" he explained. "Satisfied now?" he asked. Vance had family issues; his mom was always mean to him and never made him feel loved, and his dad had done some things too.

"The truth is, I've never really had a nice Christmas experience. My parents didn't care about it, I never got any gifts, and seeing other happy families just made me dislike it even more" he confessed. I leaned back, thinking for a second. "What if you spend Christmas with me?" I suggested, with a small smile.

He frowned, "Like with your parents?" I nodded. "It would be fun! You'd get to see what a real Christmas is all about, you will love it" I said, resting my head on his shoulder and giving him puppy dog eyes, hoping he'd agree.

"I don't know" he mumbled. "Please, please, please!!" "Fine" he sighed. I grinned and placed a kiss on his lips. "I'll get you a present." "I'll get you one." "How? You have no money" I teased.

Rolling his eyes, he smirked, "Who said anything about money." I shook my head, rolling my eyes.

— ☃️ TIME SKIP

Sitting at my vanity, applying mascara, I heard voices downstairs. The whole family was bustling about, preparing for the Christmas dinner—cousins, aunties, uncles, abuela's, abuelo's, and Vance were all coming over.

Rushing downstairs, I found my brother, Robin, fixing the fallen tree. "What happened?" I asked, looking around. "The stupid cat jumped onto the tree, and the whole thing fell down" Robin explained with a sigh.

I chuckled, observing the ugly Christmas sweater he was forced to wear. "Nice sweater" I teased. "Shut up, Ma made me wear it" he sighed again, clearly not liking the festive vibes.

Entering the kitchen, Robin joked "Don't go in there; it's chaos, and you'll get scolded for breathing." I chuckled and heard the doorbell ring.

Opening the door, I was greeted by the excited screams of my family, attacking me with hugs. Spotting Robin smirking from behind the wall, I pointed, "Robin's over there!" They shifted their attention to him, leaving him groaning from their hugs. Turning around, I saw Vance standing at the door.

With a bouquet of flowers and a small gift in hand, Vance received a warm hug from me. Pulling away, I admired the flowers. "They're beautiful" I smiled. Dragging him inside, my family welcomed him with hugs and a ton of questions.

As we settled down and finished eating, the adults engaged in conversation while the kids crowded in the lounge room, guided by Robin's boxing lessons. Vance and I watched with smiles, hands intertwined. I'd never seen Vance smile so much before.

"Maybe Christmas isn't as bad as I thought" he smiled. Nestling into his chest, I felt his fingers play with my hair. "Thank you, Y/n" he smiled. Lifting my head, I planted a kiss on his lips. The moment was interrupted by a ton of 'ewww!' from Robin and the kids.

"Attack them!" Robin shouted, and soon, the children pounced on me and Vance.

₊˚ ☃️・₊✧⋆⭒˚。⋆
NOVA SPEAKS

RAHHH I LOVE CHRISTMAS
but i ain't excited to see my ratty cousins and these random babies sleeping in my bed 🙄