11. Idol

Chloe

Chloe

Min-su basically shoved me into a taxi and fired off some rapid Korean to the driver. I seriously need to start picking up Korean; my mom says it's for the off chance I'm getting sold, at least I can decode what's going on.

We pull up at this massive shopping mall.

"What are we even getting?" I cautiously ask, crossing my fingers she doesn't explode. She's basically a ticking bomb.

"I don't know about you, but my room and our bathroom need a serious upgrade," she declares, leading me into a store filled with Instagram-worthy toiletries.

I trail behind, feeling like a clueless sidekick.

"I'm all about color coordination when it comes to decorating. What hue do you think suits our bathroom?" She stares at me, irritation written all over her face.

She seems like she'd rather be anywhere else, doing anything but this with me.

"Maybe green? Like, an earthy vibe?" I suggest.

No comments from her, she just walks off. I tag along to a section bursting with floral decorations, necessities, and even flower displays.

We settle on a flower vine for the mirror, a leafy doormat, and a flowery curtain.

After paying, we exit the store. Min-su got some cash from the company to shop for both of us. I'm guessing she's the go-to person because she's Korean. Wouldn't be shocked if she ends up being the leader..

We step into IKEA, and I snag a shoe shelf, a petite bookshelf for my reading obsession, a lengthy mirror (wondering how I'll lug that home), adorable small pillows, and a cute doodle art wallpaper in hues that match my wall. I eyed a fluffy carpet, but Min-su claimed the funds were running low.

After paying, my mirror is snugly packed in a carton with some cushioning.

"Feeling hungry?" Min-su inquires as we finish the transactions.

"Yeah, a bit."

"Alright, let's grab something at a nearby restaurant."

She instructs the shop attendant to watch over our purchases.

At the restaurant, Min-su assists me in ordering a meal I randomly picked.

As we eat, I notice curious glances from fellow diners. I awkwardly nibble on my food, trying to ignore the stares.

Min-su, who hasn't spoken to me since taking my order, finally acknowledges the stares and my unease. "They wouldn't stare if you weren't so different," she sneers.

"Different? What do you mean, Min-su?"

"It's not Min-soo, it's Min-su," she corrects, wiping her mouth with a napkin.