2. The Beginning of a Survivor!

"How is he?" Charlus Potter, the Head of Auror Family and the Head Auror asked the healer that had tended to Hadrian, that was interestingly enough Dorea Potter nee Black, his wife. The young boy who had been announced as the 'Hero of Diagon Alley attack', had been in nearly critical condition when Charlus had portkeyd him to Saint Mungo's. 

"As well as one could be after escaping a massacre injured and then duking out with one of most cruel Dark Lords in history after being nearly magically exhausted", Dorea somehow said it with a straight face.

Charlus was alarmed at hearing that "What do you mean massacre? And I thought he was injured while fighting You-Know-Who."

Lady Potter sighed "He gained consciousness after our first treatment. We asked him about injuries and magical exhaustion so that we could treat him better. He told us that he was hit with a curse on his chest and thought he was going to die from 'Fiendfyre', which someone had summoned but when his eyes opened, he found himself in Diagon Alley. Probably his magic reacted strongly to the threat to his life and he somehow apparated to Diagon Alley, where he healed his wounds the best he could, and let me tell you it was fabulous if not very clean, and then he saw the Death Eaters attacking. When he saw You-Know-Who fire the killing curse at you, he reacted. I am very thankful for it Charlus. I don't know what me and James would have done without you."

"Yeah, I am quite grateful for that. The lad not only saved my life but also proceeded to give first defeat to the dark bastard. It would have been quite sad if I had died on my last days of duty. You should have seen him, Dorea. He was magnificent, showing daring that not even myself had shown. He attacked You-know-who when he was in battle with Albus, and his spells were very powerful and impressive. It threw the bastard like a ragdoll, and the transfiguration and animation of stone Lion was beautiful if vicious. Even Albus was amazed. And then like he had balls of steel, he stomped on the bastard's wand breaking it all while looking you-know-who in his eyes."

Dorea shook her head and glared at her husband "He is just a 15-year-old, Charlus. The wounds he had have been very bad as if he had fought a superior number of opponents. The curse he had been hit on his chest was a very dark curse that was gradually thinning his right lung. It was lucky I was the healer and had the counter curse. It is a very ugly curse, famous among dark families. You would think-"

---------X--------

"Oh look, it seems our hero is coming back from the world of dreams," Dorea said lightly gesturing at now awake Harry.

"Hello, lad. I hope you are feeling well. Would you be kind enough to tell us your name?" Charlus greeted.

"Uh Hello? I am Hadrian Alex Peverell, and yes sir, I am quite fine." Harry replied.

Charlus' eyes widened as he heard Harry's last name. There might be a way he could repay the lad after all. He smiled towards Harry "Well Mr. Peverell, can you tell us how you got to Diagon Alley injured, and who injured you? Healer Potter here says you were struck by a fatal curse, even before you fought you-know-who."

Harry nodded, bringing out an uncomfortable-scared expression on his face, "I guess. I-I am a trainee in a dueling ring which I don't think is legal," He was convulsing as soon as he opened his mouth. Dorea rushed towards him to see what was wrong, but he stopped her and shakily said, "I-It's the unbreakable vow. Everyone had to take it so we can't reveal anything about the o-organization."

Dorea rubbed his back, "It was a warning, Mr. Peverell. You don't say anything revealing about it from now on, or we don't know how magic will punish you," her eyes then fixed on Charlus, "I hope we are in agreement, Head auror!"

Charlus just nodded his head, "You are an underage victim of whatever organization you were talking about. So don't worry and keep your words safe."

Harry nodded and started "A fight broke out between the two heads of the organization, and it compromised our loyalty vow. I thought I was being very smart and tried to escape them, but soon the other slaves got the same idea," Harry faked a shiver, "It was a blood bath. Everyone fighting against each other lethally. One of the top guys put the building in lockdown, so no one would be able to escape. It was then, that the head honcho who was losing the battle said if he died, he would take everyone alone. I was scared and someone took advantage of my weakened shield and hit me with a curse on my chest. And then I saw the one of the rebels cast Fiendfyre. I knew I was going to die so I closed my eyes, even if I prayed that somehow, I survived. I felt the heat on my skin but before it could consume me, I felt like I was squeezed through some tight space. I thought I was dead, but when I opened my eyes, I found myself in a completely new place. Everyone was staring at me, so I healed my wounds and transfigured my clothes into less noticeable ones. Then I used a mild confundus so that whoever had seen me would forget seeing me in bloodied clothes. When I felt the pain in my chest getting worse, I thought to ask the gentleman at the pub for some help, but those weirdly dressed wizards attacked. I got ready to fight my way through them, but you arrived very fast with the response team. And then after some time, I saw V- the dark bastard appear and shoot a killing curse towards you, so I reacted. and then you know everything else." Harry had to stop himself from saying Voldemort, which would probably cause panic, seeing the jinx on the name was still active.

Charlus nodded his automated quill stopping and looked at Harry with gratitude in his eyes "Yeah that's about it. And thank you very much for saving my life, lad. I have a way to pay you back, even a little if you don't mind."

Harry's cheek burned as he murmured, "You don't really need to do anything, Head Auror."

Charlus laughed "Call me Charlus. You have earned it. And I want to, help you that is. You see, I am a Potter and so I am most probably, your closest magical relatives in Wizarding Britain. If you don't mind, we would like to offer you sanctuary with us." 

Harry made a show of hesitating, while he did a happy little dance in inside and replied "Won't that paint a target on your back? I mean I can't imagine the snake guy would be too happy about me."

Dorea waved it off "We are already the targets, with Charlus spearheading the families against them. It won't matter. Besides, he couldn't breach the wards of Potter Manor. He had tried and lost nearly one-third of his little group. You would be safe behind the wards and it would pay some of the debt the Potters owe you too. Besides, we have always wanted another child, if you don't mind."

Harry blushed at a rather personal admission and nodded his acceptance. Dorea hugged him sweetly welcoming him to family, while Charlus just patted his back in welcome.

--------X--------

Harry was in his bed talking to the auror guard when his instincts flared. He kicked a surprised Shacklebolt who fell down just in time to a green curse slam into his previous position. Simultaneously the lights of the room went out. Harry knew that rookie- Shacklebolt, no matter how good Auror in future he had been, would only be a hindrance in the fight. A stunner in the back of unsuspecting Shacklebolt made sure he would stay out of the fight. Running on instinct, Harry raised five consecutive thick walls of glass around them to intercept any more curses. His instinct was correct as other than the innermost wall all other walls were blasted into pieces. Quickly, he transfigured rubbles in a jaguar, a pair of badgers and two lynxes and animated them to be on standby for intercepting curses. A Homenum Revelio and 5 red glows later, Harry knew there were four enemies.

"Solaris Sphera!"

A ball of light shot out of Harry's wand, illuminating the dark room. The transfigured animals rushed towards the attackers. Three of the attackers who seemed a bit raw got caught unaware. One of them was attacked by a jaguar, second by a pair of badgers. The two Lynxes chose different targets. Though the fourth one, who looked like the most experienced, blasted the Lynx before it could get too close. His actions looked smug, but he never saw a whip of cold blue flames wrapping around him.

"Congelatio Flagellum", Harry incanted one of his lethal spells. The whip of cold blue flames flared and shot towards the unsuspecting death eater. The lethal spell turned the death eater in an ice statue, as soon as it touched him. Feeling no compassion for the bastard who attacked him, he shot an 'Expulso' at the ice statue. The blue blasting curse slammed into it blasting the statue into pieces, much to the fright and surprise of the remaining death eaters, who didn't think he would retaliate such viciously.

The remaining death eaters didn't waste a moment before activating their portkeys, though not before the transfigured animals damaged all of them. The badgers had inflicted deep claw wounds on their target. The Lynx had bitten half of the fingers of its target, while the Jaguar had torn off the wand arm of his.

Harry sighed as he rennervated Shacklebolt out of his unconsciousness and smiled sweetly at him "Alright there auror. You can thank me later as you have a case to make. The wand arm of one of the attackers along with the wand is the only usable evidence of the attack."

He then conjured a glass phial before Shacklebolt could question him and put his extracted memory in the phial, handing it to Shacklebolt "Sorry auror, it seems the dreamless sleep is catching up", and with that, he was out like a light in the ruined bed.

Shacklebolt gaped at him before letting out a tired groan "What a mess!"

He then sent the signal to his team through his badge and waited for them to come. He groaned once again as the healers and med-witches hurled inside making sure their patient was alright and started cursing at the scene of the destroyed hospital room.

-----------X-----------