Chapter 3 (Final Chapter)

Me: Not gonna lie, I think I'm getting better with publishing quickly, maybe I just jinxed it. Oh well, don't count on it. Anyway, Final Chapter. Let's go!!

*In the cave*

Ash's POV:

I start to run in the direction where Serena ran, following her footprints, but eventually, the wind and snow pick up and it gets too hard to see a thing.

I can't find Serena on my own, but luckily, I can feel Greninja nearby.

"Greninja!? Are you there? Please come out!"

Greninja lands next to me after sitting in a tree right above me.

"Greninja, I'm so sorry, for everything it was my fault. I failed you."

Greninja: "Greninja. Gren. Ninja. Ja. Gren. Greninja." "No. It wasn't just your fault. It was my fault too. We didn't understand each other well enough and we failed to work together and synchronize, but we need to try again. It's more important than ever that we get this right. We need to find Serena before she gets hurt."

"How did you-"

Greninja: "Gren ninja." It's not important right now."

"You're right. Let's do this!"

And then me and Greninja, synchronize our souls and Greninja gets a water shuriken on his back. Then we look for Serena.

?????: "Ahhhhhhh!"

"That's Serena. I know it is."

We follow Serena's scream and I can just about see her falling down a cliff. This is my fault I shouldn't have- No. I need to save her.

I stay at the top of the cliff and guide Greninja on where to go and how to avoid branches and boulders until he catches up with Serena and wraps his arms round her. He uses his tongue to grab onto a branch, saving them from falling and then he makes his way back to the top, jumping from branch to branch, holding Serena tightly.

I thank Greninja and take Serena from him and carry her bridal style. We quickly find a cave to wait out the storm. The cave is small but cozy.

"Greninja, can you use cut, to make some rocks fall to cover the entrance to stop the harsh winds?"

Greninja nods and uses cut and seals us in. Greninja the goes to a corner of the cave and quickly falls asleep, exhausted from saving Serena and due to his injuries. I would have been mad that he left the Pokémon Centre when he should have been resting, but I'm glad that he helped me save Serena.

I look at Serena's unconscious body lying on the ground and my heart aches to see her like that; she looks so vulnerable and helpless. I take my coat of and lie it over her body. I should probably get to sleep, but the cave is so small... I guess I'll have to sleep next to her. No Ash. You should ask her first... but when will I get another chance? She will probably reject me and hate me when she wakes up tomorrow. I may as well make the most of this. I lie down next to her and drape my arm over her waist and pull her close so she doesn't get cold during the night. The moon shines through a crack in the rocks landing on top of Serena.

Goodnight... my moon.

*The next morning*

Serena's POV:

I slowly open my eyes and look around. Where am I? I seem to be in a cave. The last thing I remeber is falling... falling down a cliff because I couldn't see a thing in the snow storm. I have a really bad headache and my ankle is throbbing, but other than that, everything seems more or less okay. I feel a weight on my waist and I look behind me and my eyes widen in shock. Ash is hugging me from behind, his coat is over my body. I smile as I watch him sleep. He looks so cute. I just want to cuddle him.