43. Aarnav

"Your parents used to come here every summer holiday since you were one year old

"Your parents used to come here every summer holiday since you were one year old. This house was made 3 years ago before you were born but your parents rarely visited. In their absence I used to take care of this Mansion 24/7."

"How come I don't remember you? " I asked.

"Because they didn't wanted you to remember me." He said.

"Who?" I asked.

"You are supposed to find that out."

He took a pause and continued, "Reena bibi was born when you were six years old, she came here first when she was 8 months old. During that time there was a family who built a small house in the same line and they also came here for summer vacations."

"Aadhya Pathak from Mumbai?"

"Aadhya beta, yes! But they were from Bangalore."

He thought of something and smiled.

"Such a sweet girl, she loved boxing and so did you. So you both always had a fight and Aadhya used to pretend that she got hurt even if she didn't because she loved your Mom and used to find excuses to get her attention."

I smiled with the thought of little Aadhya fighting.

"When Reena was born, both the families had started to know each other and that summer vacation their bond became extremely strong. Even after returning to their respective cities they both were still in touch and all the children were very emotionally attached to each other. Both the fathers had a very nice bond too."

He starts coughing. I offered him a glass of water.

"It's fine, you can take rest and tell everything later." I said patting on his back.

"Nhi Chote Baba I am fine."

He got relaxed and continued again.

"Everyone got close in just two years and everything was going well."

" So what happened? Why did they become strangers? Why can't I remember anything? I just saw that Reena and Mom was crying, there was blood everywhere, Dad was beating someone?"

"I'll give you every answer but I can't tell you why you don't remember this."

"I'll find that out."

"It was your 8th birthday, you Mom and Aadhya's Mom went for shopping for clothes and decorations. Your dad was gone for some important work, you and Aadhya were gone with your Mom too. Reena was 2 years old and had cold so she couldn't take her out. That time Aadhya's dad said that he will take care of Reena."

"Where were you?" I asked.

"Grocery shopping... I had to prepare for dinner."

"So then what happened?"