Chapter 14: Aftermath

The funeral was essentially similar to Maho and Erika's except bigger and more emotional, not one eye had been dry including Tanya's, it was a proper military funeral for Miho, Kay and Nonna and all the others who sacrificed their lives in the battle and war. For Miho they played Maho's song in both the sister's memories, for Kay they buried her with her favourite food and for Nonna they sung a song and did a salute. Tanya gave a speech as did Shiho, it was similar to her speech during Maho's funeral but it still held emotion.

A federation member also gave a speech and told the news that Shensado would once again be on hold except this time out of respect for the fallen.

After the funeral when Tanya went home she wrote in her journal

"It's interesting to see what I've accomplished since becoming the commander, I've learnt my family heritage, I've made good friends and I've improved on who I am. The world will always be riddled with cruel people but we can try and stop them to the best we can. I now write this to Kay and Miho. Miho I don't believe in religion but if there is a next life I hope you and Maho have reunited and are having fun doing tank matches. Kay your last words were sorry but you didn't have to apologize, it's what war is and I forgive you, but I can't accept the fact you're gone and I miss you so so much. I will give you justice that's for sure and I'll do it by taking care of Stroheim.

Dungeon in a undisclosed location
Stroheim sat chained in a cold dungeon with the only light coming from the sun awaiting his punishment and it came, a figure opened the door and walked through.

"I thought you were dead.." Stroheim said

Evans now came into sight and kicked Stroheim against the pole and then punched him in the face

"I'm injured but yeah I'm alive, I wanted to have the pleasure of ending you myself!"

"Well then what are you wai..

The sound of Evans' pistol rang through the dungeon and Stroheim was no more.

A few hours later Tanya had come to finish the job and saw his lifeless body and so she turned around and made one stop to the cemetery. She walked to a grave that had the name of her mother and father but she wrote a note to her mother saying

"Dearest mother, I never knew you in life but I hope you're proud of what I've done and that this conflict is finally over, I wish things would have changed or that I could have gotten to know you. I wish I could go back and stop you from marrying Victor but we can't change the past and we can only look ahead to the future which I am doing. I'm looking ahead to be a better person and try to improve security and things but I am enjoying life and I can't wait to see what things I can accomplish"

She put the note on the tombstone and walked away. She was the commander of Kuromorimine and nothing could ever change that.

Final note: I hope you all enjoyed this story. If it seemed rushed I apologize but I did my best to give you a good plot. I don't think there will be any sequels to this one but I have another Tanya story that's in the Star Wars universe so check that one out. Merry Christmas everyone and have a good day/afternoon/night!