C H A P T E R 1

Scarlllet Halle

My surroundings are blurred and in motion, spinning like a carousel. An unbearable ringing takes over my ears, shaking me to my core as I try to gather my bearings. I'm pulled up again and into the air, he punches me with such force it launches me into the concrete pillar, the sheer force of my body colliding with the matter it leaves an imprint of myself into the now cracked rocks.

"Do you get off from this?" He asks, stalking towards me with a scowl etched onto his features. He, The Light Warrior, he who brings light to even the darkest of tunnels. The most boring super hero monocle I've ever heard of.  "The amount of hearts you've stopped from beating?" His voice was firm and full of fake confidence, I could smell the rich scent of his cowardice from here.

I roll my eyes, whipping the blood from my chin, raising up off the ground and into the air. The wind howled as I levitated, dust forming a tornado around me.

"It's all part of the job," A ball of fire forms with grace into the palm of my hand, as we start to encircle the air above the ashes that were once called a man." I take it as a perk of my role, watching your helpless friends scream and cry as i rip them from the inside out, sometimes it's the highlight of my fucking day."

Two beams of light shoot from his sockets, piercing through my skin with such voltage that I could feel them plunge into the skin of my organs, burning the skin. I launch my fire ball into his direction, missing by only an inch. We race over to each other, hands on eachothers skin as we try and force on another onto the ground for leverage. I pull back, throwing a punch directly to his chin, making his head go slack. He rebuttals quickly, landing one on my side, then within an instant I'm on the concrete again, a hole resembling one of a crater now in the ground, I groan trying to get up but his weight was too much for me. He couldn't even give me a moment to regain my powers? One thing you must know about this guy, is that he is one hell of a bitch..

I push up with my legs launching him away as I regain my flight.

"Oh come on now, Light, we were once friends, it hurts me when you talk about me with such distasteful words." I pout, the sarcasm rolling off my tongue like poison. He stares dead at me for a moment, before speaking.

"You lost the privilege of being my friend as soon as you turned your back on the world and allowed darkness to blacken your heart." He races at me again, this time I dodge him flying in the opposite direction.

"The only privilege was that I no longer had to deal with you whining like a little bitch." I raise a rock from the ground, throwing it at him, bringing him to his knees. "The only privilege," Another lethal punch to the side of his head.

"Is that i never have to listen to you bitch and moan about anything ever" Punch "Fucking" punch "Again." He collapses from his kneeling position onto his stomach on the floor. I grab his suit by the back, raising him up to look at me, before I leave him here for dead, there is the burning question that is seeping into my soul...

"Answer me this, pretty boy," I grip his chin to look at me "How can you touch me?" I question, he simply looks up and smirks, smirks as if i do not have him in the position of death.

"Guess you'll never know, sweetheart." I stare at him, a tilt in my head, the possibility of death not scaring him. I drop him and start to fly away, questions flooding my brain.

"I WILL KILL YOU, YOU COWARD!' Is the last thing i hear him scream... see the whining is just so annoying and unflattering for a man his age.

The flight back to headquarters was quiet, no heavy machine engines roaring at the nearby construction sites, no chatter from the common folk on the street, not even the birds were awake at this hour. I work during the dead of night, the time of the night not even the planes taking off for foreign countries were awake yet.