He Will Come Back

"Why- why did you lie to me, Dad? About everything? About Charlie, about Mom? About those damn pills!" Carissa's voice echoed with anger in Henry's hospital room. Henry sighed, wincing slightly as he adjusted himself in his bed, feeling the pain from his stitched-up stab wound.

   "I'm sorry, Carissa. I know what I did was wrong. Keeping you in the dark and erasing your memories was selfish of me. I thought I was protecting you, but instead, I only put you in more danger," Henry admitted, disappointment evident in his voice.

   Carissa's gaze fell to the dull hospital floor, mirroring the somber atmosphere between them. She lifted her head, her voice barely audible as she muttered, "So, it really was all my fault. I abandoned Charlie that night."

   "Don't say that, Carissa. It was no one's fault but William's," Henry reassured her.

   "In my dreams, at least, I tried to save her. Every night, I chased after that car. But in reality, I did nothing," Carissa confessed, disregarding her father's words.

   Henry sighed, at a loss for the right words to comfort his daughter. He looked at her and asked softly, "Did she reveal herself to you?"

   Carissa nodded, a weak smile forming on her lips. "She was the one who showed me the truth."

   "I knew she would," Henry replied, returning her weak smile.

   "How did you find out? That she was still there at the pizzeria?" Carissa asked her father, her curiosity piqued.

   "Well, a few weeks after her death, I decided to return to the diner. Given that the place was closing down due to both Garrett and Charlie's deaths, William and I went to retrieve a few souvenirs. As I was there, I started hearing Charlie's voice. At first, I thought I was losing my mind," Henry chuckled to himself, reminiscing. "But then, she revealed herself to me. She was watching me the entire time. Scared the hell out of me." Henry chuckled a bit.

"I didn't know how to react, so I left her there. I believe William must have realized that she had possessed the puppet. It's probably why he brought her to Freddy's. I also assume that this discovery fueled his obsession with killing, knowing he had the power to bring people back from the dead." Henry shook his head, still reeling from the shock of the entire situation.

   Carissa placed her hand over her father's, offering a weak smile. "I was able to free the souls of the other children. Now, I want to free Charlie's next," she declared to her father.

   "No, Carissa, I understand you want  to help your sister, but you cannot go back there! It's too dangerous!" Henry exclaimed, his concern evident. His anger quickly subsided when he realized that his wound was worsening with his agitation.

   "Okay, okay, I won't," Carissa lied, trying to ease her father's worries. Deep down, she knew that she would find herself back at that pizzeria. Her task didn't feel complete yet.

   Carissa bid her father farewell and left his hospital room. Worry was etched on Henry's face as he watched her go.

   Leaving her father's hospital room, Carissa entered Twyla's room next. Mike was already there, and Twyla had yet to wake up. Carissa took a seat beside Mike, and for a moment, silence filled the air.

   "How's he doing?" Mike asked, referring to Henry.

   "He's holding up remarkably well. His injuries are healing nicely," Carissa replied, her gaze shifting to Twyla lying in the hospital bed.

   "The doctors said she should wake up soon," Mike murmured, his head bowed.

   Carissa smiled and placed her arm around Mike, resting her head on his shoulder. He leaned his head against hers, closing his tired eyes. And then, Twyla's eyes fluttered open. Carissa and Mike quickly separated and stood up.