ℓιмα

The day was spent with Louis refusing to let Harry go anywhere and pleaded with his dad to bring him something to eat before he went home to check on the girls and Ernest.

Dan only smiled at his adorable son and did what he was asked. He wanted to freshen himself a bit after spending a whole day at the hospital. 

The boys came altogether to visit Louis later on and felt confused to see Harry was there first, peacefully seated on the same seat as Eleanor the day before with his hand occupied with Louis’.

Once it clicked, they just played along with it. Niall was being a little exaggerating, saying how much he already hoped for the two to become boyfriends and stated that they were always his favourite ship, making them both blush furiously. 

The afternoon had been pretty great with the boys chatting up everything that entered their minds. Louis was smiling so big, scaring Harry that his cheeks would be hurt because of it. He wanted to laugh with them but then he remembered his rib, so he could only smile and threw a few words then and there to show that he was really enjoying their stories even though he didn’t really remember some of it–if it was actually real or not. 

Dr. Paulston had just come once in the morning and Perrie, so far, had come three times— according to Harry, he’s been counting —to deliver the medicine and food.

Louis was having a very good time and somehow told her politely to not give him another sleeping medicine to help him sleep, ignoring the fact that he was so tired due to the lack of sleep he got last night. And she surprisingly agreed despite the fact that his face was obviously showing the look of exhaustion, she just smiled and left Louis and his mates to have their time together.

It’s what Louis adored her for, she was understanding, friendly and considered him as the normal boy, treating him like a friend instead of a patient there. A famous one at that. There was no special treatment and it was nice.

After hanging out almost all day, Zayn, Niall and Liam finally bid their goodbyes to the pair at fifteen past six, knowing they still had stuff to do with the band and the management. They discussed it earlier and decided to take a break for a while until Louis healed completely. 

And the room was left with only Harry and Louis. The taller boy had been sitting in the same place as the first he got there that morning, except when he needed to wee or the nurse checked his IV, he backed away, not too far from Louis. He had grown attached to him faster than he had expected.

Louis and him had always been close ever since their debut. So it was not a difficult thing to adjust to. Harry understood Louis like the back of his hand and it was the same for Louis. Louis was still the same best friend he knew when he was sixteen.

Except now with the addition of amnesia, the boy became even more clingy and whiny. Harry was not the one to complain though, since he enjoyed the affection he's given.

Louis had been a very affectionate person and he loved him for it. The smile was drawn on Louis' thin, pink lips beautifully and God, was Harry addicted to it, making it to be one of his plans to do whatever to be able to pull that sweet smile of his back on the face. 

Louis was cuddled up in the warm covers on top of his small body with his left hand playing with the fingertips of Harry’s bigger one on his belly when he passed him a smile before asking. “Would you stay the night here with me?”

Harry bit his lip, he wanted to stay over with Louis and help Dan around because he knew he was busy taking care of his other children at home. The emotionless face of Louis’ was pulled on display and it didn’t help the fact that Louis was so selfless and had thought about him before his own self, making him feel guilty–even more especially after he saw him this morning to be the selfish bastard he was the night before. So he was not going to disappoint him this time. “Yes, Blue. I’ll stay here with you.”

Louis let go of his fingers and Harry already missed the warmth of him. “You don’t have to feel that ‘you have to’ because you’re my boyfriend, Harry. You have a say in this as much as I do. I don’t want to be a needy boyfriend who doesn’t think about anyone else but himself.”

Nothing had ever broken his heart hearing those words, knowing his best friend he had known for years to be this insecure. He wanted to scream that he was the one who was selfish, not him but instead he raised his hand up only to see Louis flinched away.

It honestly hurt him even more when Louis thought he was going to hit him. Harry caressed his hollow cheek before making his way up to kiss him on the forehead.

“Love, I don't feel like I have to because I want to. I want you to feel safe around me and you’re not the selfish one here. I am. And I feel like to know your boundaries so I gave you a little space before. Please give me one more chance to fix it and we can start over just fine. Are you willing to cooperate with me, Lou?”

Louis giggled softly at his choice of words in the last sentence. The painkillers worked and it made him be able to laugh a bit at the dorky, cheeky boy he called boyfriend. He was glad to have Harry in his life. 

The other boy was indeed having a victory celebration on the inside and smiling so wide till both of his dimples appeared, knowing his joke succeeded to make the tiny boy giggle.

Oh, how Harry wanted to record and saved it in his phone so he could hear it every day. He found Louis nodded and uttered a yes at his question before continuing to stroke him. “Great, Lou! I will call Dan to let him know that he doesn’t need to come here tonight because this frog is going to cuddle the cute boy to death.”

“Who’s the frog?” Louis was wearing a confused face and tilted his head to the side in an adorable way.

The green eyed boy was so gone for him. 

Harry jutted out his lower lip then widened his eyes, trying to look cute although he dared to say that Louis would look a lot cuter compared to him. “I thought I was your frog. I lost my owner then. Should I start looking for him? From all I know he is a hedgehog.”

Louis chuckled at that and playfully nudged Harry’s upper arm. “Stop it, Harry! Guess I'm the hedgehog?”

“My little hedgehog.” Harry attacked him with a big hug yet being careful of his bruised body. The vibration from Louis’ body shook his own as well.

He wouldn't mind hearing those endearing laughs for the rest of his life.