𝘜𝘯𝘰

Dayvon♥︎

I thought when he left for Atlanta, that would be the last time I had to see him.

I was happy..excited even.

I needed an end to the embarrassment, a chance to forget everything that happened.

Yet here he was, standing in my face with that same stupid look that never seems to change.

"Damn ma, you can't speak?" He said, giving me that stupid ass smile as he always did.

"Nigga close the door, y'all letting every bit of cool air out" My brother yelled from the kitchen.

I tried closing the door on Durk, but he wasn't going. "Fuck you here for?" I asked, beginning to get irritated.

"Cause that's my homie, why you onnat?" Damien said, letting Durk in.

"Whatever," I said, making my way back to my room. If it wasn't for my brother, I would've never met that nigga.

"I need to smoke sum" I mumbled to myself. I grabbed my phone and called my best friend.

"You with yo ugly ass baby daddy right now or do you have time for me?" I asked.

"Bitch stop bringing up that bum" She said, kissing her teeth. "You on yo way or something?"

"Bout to be, I need to roll up shorty".

I hung up the phone, grabbing my keys and a jacket. I walked into the front room, seeing that my brother and Durk were smoking already.

Durk and I made eye contact for a split second, I could tell that he wanted to say something but he knew he couldn't.

Not in front of my brother at least.

++++

"Damn, why did he come back so fast? I thought he was supposed to be gone for good" Jordan said, handing me a bottle of water.

I shrugged my shoulders, putting the blunt to my mouth. I watched it as it got shorter, ashing it every few minutes.

"On bro, I'll hang that bitch ass nigga"

Jordan took the blunt out of my hand, putting it out. "You don't need to smoke no more, you talking out yo neck now"

"Dayvon, don't do anything stupid to land you back in prison." She said, sitting down beside next to me now. "Please don't"

"I'll think about it" I said, smiling at her. "I gotta go home, come over tomorrow, okay?"

I hugged her before heading back to my car. It was dark and I knew someone was looking at me.

Not that I was scared, but I had a hint of who it was.

"So you not gon speak to me?" Durk asked while leaning on my car. He had me blocked in with his car so unless I wanted to walk, I was stuck.

I walked past him, trying not to give him the reaction he was probably looking for. "Ian got nothing to say to you"

"Damien asked me about us" He said, stopping me in my tracks. "You still ain't told him yet huh?

I turned around, facing him again. "There is no us, I don't roll that way anymore"

He began stepping closer to me, his face inches away from mine.

"You let another nigga touch you?" He asked. I don't know why he thinks that I'm supposed to wait on him, delusional.

I shoved him back a little. "Bitch how is that yo business, that ain't got shit to do with you"

"Who knows what you did in Atlanta, and you worried about me? You a fuckin' goofy."

He didn't react to my comment, just stared at me with that stupid look on his face.

Inches away from my face, he stared into my eyes, never looking away.

"All that little gang shit you got going on, all that shit finna change. You not finna keep talking to me crazy, and you not finna keep running away from me"

I slapped him, feeling no remorse. "Everything that comes out of your mouth is nothing but some bullshit"

He smiled at me, backed away, got back in his car, and drove away.

This shit is a never-ending nightmare.