Chapter Seventeen

--

--

Fast forward.

Smearing lipstick on your lips, staring intently at your reflection on the mirror. You sighed as the scene from last night flashed again through your mind.

"Annoying bastard." you mumbled, shaking your head. Just then there was a knock on the door before the door swung open.

"Hmm what do you think?" a blue haired man stepped inside.

"Kaeya.." you turned to him, Kaeya made a 360 turn. "You look decent."

"Correction, I look hot."

"But I'm hotter right?" you responded, putting on your mask that covers half of your face, a black masquerade mask.

Kaeya chuckled before walking up to you, he then shoved an ear piece in your ear. "Hello, hello? Does it work?"

You nodded. "Tie my heels."

"With pleasure." dropping to his knees, Kaeya carefully tied your lace up heels.

"Thanks." after he was done he then got up and plopped himself onto the sofa before grabbing a glass, pouring some red wine.

While you on the other hand, tucked a butterfly knife under your dress. "Y/n."

"What."

"Are you really sure you can do this mission?" you paused for a moment before turning to him with a scowl.

"Are you underestimating me?"

He chuckled before shaking his head. "No that's not.. what I mean. You know I noticed the two of you got closer lately, I'm worried—"

"Don't talk nonsense. He's nothing to me but a nemesis, a target. So you have nothing to worry about, I know what I'm doing." you declared

Kaeya smirked. "Sure."

"Shut up Kaeya."

"I didn't say anything." you glared at him before turning your heels to leave the room, but then before you could even step out of the room Kaeya spoke as you halted on your steps. "Remember the reason why you're in this situation in the first place, Y/n."

You bit your lips before completely exiting the room, shutting the door behind you.

Of course you remember, you remember perfectly well why you're doing this in the first place. Why you're so desperate to bring down the fatui, for your father.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The car door opened, a hand held out towards you. You took it and got out of the car. "Ahh the cruise ship is huge." you mumbled to your self as you found yourself standing in it, it was like a 15 story building or something close to that.