Chapter 1 Echoes Of Screams

Fate....many wonder what their fate is decided by. An invisible thread that can't be cut by anything? Grains of sand in some divine hourglass? No, fate of every living being is like a game, played by the gods. A simple roll of dice was the thing that decided how events played out... But what if I tell you that there's a man whose destiny couldn't be controlled by both Gods and demons? A fateless man, one that should be hated by the players of this godly game for his unknown defiance to their rules. However, they couldn't stop their eyes to lock onto him with interest that is impossible to hide.

Maybe this time, they will put their dices aside, and see how this man could forge his own destiny. To see how his story will play out, the story....of the Goblin Slayer.

_________________________________

The building housing the Guild of Adventures was brimming with life, people of every race and class were filling the halls with their over-exaggerated stories and promise of glory and money. Some of them lined up in front of the receptions managed by well-dressed guild staff. It was noisy and sort of a mess, but it was like the second home of those in search of a way of making the best of their lives and skills.

The wooden door of the guild was gently opened by a newcomer, the quiet creak which was easily drowned by the chatter present in the room. Whoever opened the door shyly stepped inside, innocent blue eyes quickly darted around before finally settling on the reception.

The newcomer present in the room took a shaky and nervous breath in order to calm herself, she approached the reception and silently got in line. Her small hands grasped nervously her decorated golden staff while giving some curious glances at the other adventures in the room.

After ten minutes or so, the line proceeded enough for her to be the next one right behind a couple of adventures that most likely were in a party together, thus allowing her to notice the older woman behind the counter talking to both. She had yellow-gold eyes and light brown hair which is woven into braids. Like every staff member in the guild, she was wearing their uniform which consisted of a yellow jabot, a white dress shirt covered by a navy vest, and a long black pencil skirt.

"Now, be careful out there!" The woman amicably waved the party of two that just accepted a manticore quest.

"Next in line, please!" She politely called with a smile as she looked ahead at the next one, which caused the girl to jump a bit when she realized it was her turn.

"Oh..." The woman behind the reception was a bit surprised when she managed to get a good look at the next one in line. It was a young woman with long blond hair that was partially tied back in a small ponytail with chest-length hair strands hanging on either side. Innocent and nervous blue eyes. She was also wearing white robes over blue garbs, both laced with golden outlines with a golden-colored staff decorated with blue jewels held firmly in her small hands.