47

Jungkook sat on his bed, Taehyung sitting across from him. "Call him." Taehyung said, handing the phone to Jungkook.
"What if he doesn't wanna talk to me, he didn't seem all to welcoming of the idea when you talked to him." Jungkook groaned.
"He had to get stitches in his arm, of course he's pissed at you, I would be too." Taehyung shoved the phone to Jungkook who reluctantly took it.

"Alright." Jungkook groaned once more, and called Jimin. With each ring, Jungkook's dread only grew. He didn't blame Jimin for being angry, he knew he went over the line, far over the line. He only hoped Jimin would be able to forgive him.

"Hey." Jimin's voice on the other end of the call said. "Hey..." Jungkook said back, unsure of how to start.
"So, what do you want?" Jimin said harshly, and Taehyung cringed as he listened from the sidelines. "I wanted to talk to you, specifically apologise." Jungkook said, a hint of plead in his voice.
"Alright." Jimin said, awaiting.

"I'm really sorry about yesterday, I can't give you an explanation as to why I said and did what I did, because I don't know why. All I know is that I was angry, and I couldn't help but feel it was thought out. I know you care about me and wouldn't deliberately do anything to hurt me." Jungkook sighed.
"But I've felt for a while now that's it's just too frequent that there's a link between you and someone I care about, to just be a coincidence."
Jimin didn't answer.

"And I know it's not fair of me to make that kind of assumption, but in the moment I couldn't stop myself. I'm really sorry for the things I said, and I hope you know I didn't mean any of it, and all I said was just an exaggerated insult to get under your skin."
Silence.

"I hope you can forgive me." Silence.

"I'll do anything for us to get past this and be like before." Jungkook looked worriedly at Taehyung who looked back in the same way.

"You seen that new IPhone?" Jimin's voice rang out from the other end.

Taehyung smiled cheekily, and Jungkook chuckled.
"That I have, any specific colour?" Jungkook said with a smile.
"Black, preferably." Jimin said, and a hint of joy could be picked up from his tone of voice.
"Black it is. Will I be forgiven then?" Jungkook asked smugly.

"Yeah, if you get me a new phone case to go with it." Jimin chuckled from the other end.
"Great." Jungkook said, and smiled when he noticed Taehyung's hand intertwining with his own.

"So we're okay?"
"We're okay, sorry for you punching you... twice." Jimin said apologetically.
"It's okay, I deserved it." Jungkook chuckled and Jimin laughed "Yeah, you did."