Fourteen

On the drive to the airport, I told Amir about the grand reveal to my family. He mirrored my surprise, and admitted that he'd been worried Jason might find out by accident.

Since things had figured themselves out, he encouraged me to invite Julie and Jason to my New Years party.

"Life is too short to miss an opportunity to celebrate with loved ones," he'd said.

He was right... as usual.

Hugging him goodbye was difficult, and so was coming home to an empty apartment again. I poured myself a drink in the "His" glass and put the CD in my stereo.

Amir had recorded himself singing four traditional Christmas songs! It instantly became my new favorite Holiday album.

I sat and listened to his pitch perfect voice singing "Jingle Bell Rock" and grabbed the notebook.

"White on Red" was a story that took place on Mars, of all places. Such creativity. Just when I was about to move onto the next one, my phone buzzed.

[Guess who has...
[Inflight internet on his new phone!

I said a quick prayer to the gods of modern technology and messaged him back.

[How does the extra large size feel?

[You tell me 😈

Oh, were we immediately going in this direction?

[Is there a term for sexting from a plane?

Holy shit, this was actually happening!

[Hmmm, will I get visual aids?

[😂😂 That would be a definite... NO!

[I just finished your first story btw
[You definitely have a way with words 😏

[Did you like the spicy part?

[Based on a true story I saw 😉

[The second one; "Snow Fall" has a lot of truth too

[Now, I'm super curious!

[Maybe, I'll write you another one

[Really?!?
[Where do get the inspiration?

[Do you actually need to ask?

[😊
[I already miss you
[I'm drinking from the "His" glass

[I can't believe you took the time to put His between ""

[What can I say, I'm a bit of a perfectionist

[Don't worry, I still love you

My heart started beating faster, he what now?

The messenger said that he was recording an audio. When I pressed the the play button, his panicked voice immediately started spluttering.

"Ethan, that just slipped out. It's just that when I lost Paul, I thought I'd never be able to feel this way again but with you it's so easy... Oh, god. Please, say something."

Amir really did make everything feel easy but was it... love? I couldn't decide that on the spot but didn't want to leave him hanging.

I pressed the record button.

"Amir, every minute I've spent with you has been nothing short of a gift. It's all going just as it's supposed to, so relax."

A/N: The One Shots "White on Red" and "Snowfall" have been revised & updated. They can be found in my BL One Shots  Collection.