Epilogue

New Year's was upon us.

Amir had given me the brilliant idea of hosting my party in the other apartment. It was smaller, but it had a roof top terrace.

Since it was still empty, I'd hired a catering service from a nearby five star hotel. They provided a full open bar, fingerfood and a small buffet, as well as cocktail tables and lounge furniture.

A total win-win.

Amir and I'd decided to announce our involvement once all my guests had arrived. It would be easier than explaining a dozen times at the front door.

As a show of goodwill, I even suggested that Amir invite his roommates and any other friends whom he thought would like to join.

It was around ten o'clock when everyone I wanted to be there was holding a drink. Except for Jason of course, he had a ginger ale.

"Thank you all for joining me this evening on the cusp of what I hope to be another fantastic year!" I said, raising my glass.

Everyone cheered.

"As you all know, Julie and I have chosen to go our separate ways but that hasn't in any way diminished my deep respect for her," I said, offering a toast to my ex-wife.

Everyone was now whispering about the tall young man standing beside her.

"Jason, I love you buddy! More than you'll ever know."

The crowd clapped enthusiastically and Jason didn't know where to look.

"I know I shouldn't be bringing work into a party but I have an announcement that we couldn't share until today."

Jemima looked at me nervously.

"I'll be handing over the reigns to my COO, as the board has asked me to be its new chairman," I said proudly. "And I can't think of a better woman for the job."

My co-workers began congratulating Jemima on her promotion and most of my friends did too but I wasn't done.

"Last but most certainly not least," I said, before taking a breath. "I'd like you all to meet Amir... my boyfriend."

Amir stood beside me, as everyone stared in quiet shock. It was almost like time itself stood still and I threw caution to the wind.

Carefully lifting Amir's chin, I kissed his lips for all to see. It felt wonderful, and it felt right.

Amir and I spent the rest of the night telling our story over and over again. Some people had more questions than others but overall, everyone seemed genuinely happy for us.

When the clock struck twelve, I was on my rooftop terrace with an arm around Amir's waist and the "HIS" glass in my hand.

The fireworks were beautiful.

"You know what I'm most grateful for?" I said.

"That you don't have to clean up?" Amir said with a laugh.

"I'll forever be thankful that Jason plays the violin!"

END

A/N: Happy New Year to all.