chapter 1

After searching the neighborhood for supplies, the child had gathered a decent amount of stuff to survive on. 2 boxes of crackers, 1 bottle of water, a grimy sleeping bag, and a bike on its last legs. Tired, he retired back to the remains of his house. He hid his precious supplies inside an old wooden box that he found, and went to his room. Thankfully, the walls were still intact. the same couldn't be said for mostly the rest of the house. He took the sleeping bag and put it right on the spot where his bed used to be. tired and sleepy, he climbed in and drifted off to sleep. 

He had a dream. not a dream, a nightmare. it was really scary. so terrifying. it was about the book he had read earlier. in his nightmare, he was being chased by a big, Mexican dog. it was so frightening that it looked like a creepy pasta. It had razor sharp teeth, and the most terrifying, a Mexican sombrero. 

As it ran faster towards the child, the Mexican dog emitted an unnerving symphony of growling growls and spectral howls that echoed through the dreamscapes, amplifying the sense of impending doom. Its footsteps were accompanied by an ominous, rhythmic tapping, like a relentless drum heralding the approach of an unspeakable terror. As it caught up to the child, he screamed as loud as he could while closing his eyes. 

Once the child awoke in a cold sweat, breathing heavily, he noticed that his body felt different. He sat up straight and noticed that he was on a bed. a really nice bed. the child looked around the room, confused. the moment he stood up,  Looking in the mirror, he saw that he felt taller. he looked down and almost fainted at the sight of his long legs. how could have this happened? Wasn't he just an itty-bitty kid last night? 

The child spotted a mirror on the opposite side of the room, so he went to go look in it. Looking in the mirror, he noticed he was not a small white boy anymore, but a Mexican. he was very tall. his appearance wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best. his brown, medium hair was very disheveled and all over the place. he was wearing a white collared shirt that was very wrinkly. as he thought about it, this Mexican guy was messy. looking around the room, it was very messy. all the blankets on his bed were on the ground, clothes all over the place, and just not very nice to be in overall.

the child was still looking around the room when he heard a ringing sound. It was an unfamiliar sound. He remembered hearing this sound in propagandas during the war. if he was correct, it was a telephone. he looked around, trying to find the source of the sound. A few minutes later, underneath the bed, was a phone. It was different from the one the child was accustomed to, but still had the basic idea of it. once he picked it up, it turned out it was completely different. he had no idea how to work it. on the screen, an unfamiliar language appeared. it was alright, though. the child was half white and could read English a fair amount. on the screen, it read "incoming call: dr. Carlos". There was an option to accept or decline. The child still didn't know what was going on, so he declined. it was better to find out what was going on first, and it probably wasn't very important anyways. 

where is he? why is he in the body of an adult? there are a lot of unanswered questions.

right now, he would try to get to the bottom of this.