𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞 ~ Dorothy's Determination

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

A young man in his early 20s, Charles, sat alone in his rather small home and head in hands. He had just been let go from his performing job a few days ago; as to why he was sat there in his show outfit that consisted of a light blue-bob wig, a glittery outfit and a cut-in top hat. It was due to his erratic behaviour that had always appeared behind the scenes with his co-stars and even crew members.

"I want him gone!" Charles could remember his own words well. "No, I put everything into this show and I'm not gonna let some piece of sh*t ruin it for me!" The show had put on a quite terrible performance, infuriating the star of the show. His bad temper did allow him to go on a horrible rant towards everyone around him. The sad thing was that, Charles was passionate about performing and for years, he had devoted his time and energy to his talent and audiences.

However, as time went on with his career, his mental health had suffered at the cost of his rising fame. His co-stars, such as some of his closest friends (Richard, the fraternal twins; Melinda and Manfred), had noticed the change in his behaviour and were becoming concerned for his well-being. Charles would have outbursts of frustration, which would cause tension with everyone working on the shows; affecting his performance.

Richard, Melinda and Manfred always tried their best to be supportive, but the more they did, the more it became harder to work with Charles and the more worried they became for their friend. "I think it's time for you to leave, Charles." Those words were repeated several times in his mind for those days. It had gotten so worse so the production team had complained to the manager of the shows. The manager expressed how they felt concerned for Charles' mental health and stated into how Charles should probably leave the show to take better care of himself. Charles, of course, refused to take any time off, venting into how he was the reason they were so popular. Deep down though, he knew he wasn't meeting the standards and thought into how it was best to leave; not being able to continue like this.

That decision was difficult for Charles to step away from the spotlight. He had isolated himself from society completely, which did not help with his mental health quite well and increased his desperate situation. While Charles still had his heart and dignity, he had developed a side that was snarky and sarcastic to those he found boring or repulsive. It drove away most of the people he knew, except for his closest friends, who kept their beliefs that Charles will overcome this and be himself again.