Chapter XVIII: Flight

“Daaaddyyy! I'm leavingg!" I screamed at the house, not sure if my father had heard me. I held the handle of my trolley and began to walk away from our house.

My daddy and I flew back home to our country for a week prior to this trip with my half-siblings. It's a shame that the twins couldn't come with us, but I'm sure they'll be fine. They're a bunch of strong people, albeit being kids.

I put my bags in the trunk and then got inside the backseat. "Are you really going to leave your old man sitting by himself in the front seat?" I perked up at the familiar voice and looked in the rear mirror to see my father grinning at me.

I smile back and leave the backseat and instead move to the passenger seat to sit next to my father. "I didn't know you were driving me." I said as the engine was turned on.

"How can I not? My one and only daughter — who has never flown in a commercial plane before — will be gone for an entire week!" My father exaggerated as we began moving. I chuckle and just let peace take over us as we drive through the busy streets of D.C.

Speaking of D.C. I hadn't heard much of his daughters lately. I wonder what happened to them after confessing to me that they were just paid to be my friends and decided to use me for more money?

Honestly, it is kind of heartbreaking to hear those words from the people you considered friends for the longest time, but whatever.

"Oh, also, one more thing that I need to tell you, honey." I look at my father who has this serious look on his face as he looks out the windshield. "What is it?" I asked. "Your grandma and I will be visiting her twin brother—aka my uncle, aka your granduncle."

"Woah, really? I thought people said he's dead?" Father let out a chuckle. "That's a theory people found easy to disprove considering that we found his daughter enrolled in E.U. Academy."

My eyes widened. "Woah. Can I come?" My father smiled. "Of course. You may come and I'll even have you brought back before the final game." I smiled back. "Omg! Thank you!" My father chuckled. "That's what everyone is looking forward to, anyway. Two volleyball stars came in face-to-face in the final round. You think Antonio would be fine?"

I shrugged, "I hadn't seen any of his games yet, but as a faithful little sister, I'm gonna say: yes!" My father chuckled. "Well, let's hope he does win, then. I'm sure your mother would want him to." My smile lessened at the mention of my mother.

Back then, my father would barely mention her, but now... She's all that he ever talks about. I hadn't met her yet, and he said she would meet me on her own terms... I don't know what that means, but I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye out.

We arrived at the airport and my father helped me with my luggage and waited with me for my flight. "Oof, I'm kinda nervous." He chuckles beside me, "You'll be fine. I made sure that you'll be their number 1 priority." I smile, "Thanks, Daddy" he chuckled and ruffled my head. "Of course. Anything for my one and only girl"

I stopped myself from smiling too much. All my life, it had always been my dad and I. I love him to death, he made sure I had enough love fit to be given by two people. For my entire life, my dad has been my father and my mother. He's told me that I've done a lot for him, but I feel like it isn't enough to give back all the things I owe him.

We heard a ‘ding!’ and an announcement from the speaker. I heard my flight being called and I sighed. "Text me, please." I say and my dad smiles as he watches me board the plane. "Of course."

I gulped and began boarding the plane with other passengers. "Good morning, Miss Amelia!" Greeted one of the attendants, I smiled back and nodded at her. "Please follow me to get to first class." Oh, I guess Daddy upgraded my ticket. "O-okay then, thank you." I say weakly.