Sixteen (edited)

Esmeray

The wet and cold feeling of water being splashed on me woke me up. I jolted up, gasping for air. I looked around to see that I was back in the dark, cold, and dirty basement.

I looked up to see  two guards standing over me. One with a now empty bucket and the other with chains in his hands. I try to crawl away from them but fail cause of the wall behind me.

They dragged me up to a chair and tied me to it so I couldn't move. I struggled beneath the chains trying to get free when suddenly the door slammed open. The loud sound startled me. Nevan walks in with an evil smirk on his face.

"You and I both know that no matter how much you try, you can't get out of those chains."  He said.

I start to panic even more as I fail to loosen the chains around my hands. The tightness in my chest increases, making it difficult for me to breathe.

He came closer, gripping my face in his hand before slapping me. The force of the slap moved my head to the side. The side of my face burned as silent tears escaped my eyes.

I looked at him with glossy eyes and a heart filled with hatred. He just laughed in my face.

"It's now your favorite time of the day! It's torture lesson time!"  He said clapping his hands.

The guards brought in a table filled with different tools you can use to torture someone. He walks over, takes the knife, and smiles.

"When you want someone to feel immense pain, you..." He stabs me in the knee, taking me by surprise and making me scream out in pain. "...stab them in the knee!"

"See! Works like a charm!" He laughs as I continue to scream in agony.

He kept stabbing me, punching me, cutting me in different ways as I begged for him to stop.

"P-please... stop.. I-I am begging-g... you..." I keep repeating that until I pass out from the blood loss and exhaustion. He still didn't let me rest. He threw another bucket of water at me. This time ice cold.

I jolted up from my bed, breathing heavily. I was covered in sweat. Looking around, I noticed that I was in my room.

I dropped my head in my hands, relaxing a bit as my breathing began to slow down. I looked at the clock to see it was 4 in the morning. Sighing, I pushed the comforter off me and walked into the bathroom.

I washed my face, and put on my shorts and sports bra. I wore a pair of sweatpants over my shorts since I was a little cold. I do my hair and grab my phone and AirPods.

I walk into the kitchen to make a quick protein shake before my workout. I walk over to the gym while drinking my shake. I pop in my headphones and blast my music.

After doing some stretches, I wrap my hands and start boxing. I think of all the times he hit Mom. All the time, he would beat her to a pulp. All the times he would torture me, leave me to bleed in the basement till I almost died. All the times he made me watch as he tortured Mom.

I think of the time he raped her in front of me and I couldn't do anything to stop it. The time he let his guards have their 'fun' with us. All the time, she would take my punishments for me.

Punch.

"This time I will let you go, but your mom here will pay the price."

Punch. Punch.

"Any last words?"

Punch. Punch. Punch.

The sound of the gunshot still rang through my ears.

Punch. Punch. Punch. Punch.

I screamed in frustration as I continued to punch the punching bag. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned around ready to punch the person, but he blocked me. I looked at him to see that it was Emilio.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there."

"No. It was my fault. I shouldn't have snuck up on you." He said.

"Your knuckles are bleeding." He pointed out.

"Huh?" I didn't even notice it till now. The wrap is now covered in my blood. He sat on the bench and went to get something.

He came back with the first aid kit. He unwrapped my hands and wiped the blood off before putting ointment on my knuckles. He wrapped a bandage around them and put a smiley face sticker on it.

After he was done, he asked "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I am fine. I have done worse." I say looking at my hands.

"No I mean are you ok?" He asked again, emphasizing the you.

"I will be soon."

"If you ever need anything or if you want to just talk, I am here for you. Or if you just want a hug, you know where to find me." He gave me a small smile.

"Thank you. I am going to shower now." He nodded, and I walked out of the gym.

....

After taking a long hot shower, I feel so much better and more relaxed. I decided to put on a cute outfit today since the family is coming over.

I wore a black long sleeve with some white flare pants and my black boots. I left my hair down because I didn't feel like doing anything to it. I put on some earrings and rings.

Once I was done, I went downstairs to have breakfast. By this time, everyone was awake except Roman. He usually wakes up around 10. Sometimes, even later.

I would love to sleep in, but my stupid nightmares wouldn't let me. I am lucky if I even get at least 5 hours of sleep.

I sighed, sitting down with my cup of coffee. I have a feeling that today is going to be a long day.

(He outfit ^ without the bag)

~~~
A/N:
Sorry guys for the late update. I have been very crammed with school work this week, so I haven't been able to write that much. But don't worry I will be back soon with another update. Love you peeps 😘