03

trigger warning for chapter; sexual scenes. 

"do you know where mr. norris disappeared to that night, or how long he was gone for?" 

"he never told me that night, he was gone for maybe half an hour, forty five minutes?" 

ELENA

I was never a party girl. I rarely attended nightclub's or after parties. I rarely even drank anything stronger than wine. But something about Lando pulled me here tonight. Something in how he spoke and how his eyes looked me up and down and back up again, intrigued me. 

So I came to the club, for him to disappear and leave me alone, with a babysitter. Kika was lovely, don't get me wrong. She was loud and boisterous. Something I was not. She knew how to let loose, she knew how to neck a drink, she knew how to shake her hips on the dance floor to make everybody stop and stare. 

And that's where I was now. Stopped and staring at Kika as she was shaking her hips in beat with the music, a wide toothy grin on her face as she beckoned me to join her. My eyebrow raised as I looked at her in disbelief. I grasped my drink tight as I swayed to the music. Be My Lover played over the speakers and everyone through the club was feral. 

Lando abandoned me around half an hour ago, his problem must be big. Or maybe he wasn't going to return. A sigh escaped my lips as I checked my watch again. I will give him fifteen more minutes to come back, or I will leave. Kika stumbled towards me, her glass empty. 

"Bar?" She asked. I nodded, following in her shadow to the bar. "Two Vodka's, thanks." 

I glanced around, this wasn't my lifestyle. Who was I kidding trying to fit in here. I belonged in the shadows, where nobody knew me. If I got recognised here - I'm screwed. 

Relax, I am on the other side of the world. Nobody here will know me. Nobody will know who or what I am. It's okay. I am free. 

A hand snaked onto my waist, making me jump out of my skin. I glanced to my left, seeing a head of curls and a cheeky grin. I sunk back into his arm, feeling relief wash over me. 

"Did you miss me pretty girl?" He hushed in my ear, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. My eyelashes fluttered as I looked at him. 

"Didn't even notice you were gone." I smiled sarcastically. He rolled his eyes as he squeezed my waist. He had a drink, whiskey?, in his hands. He put the glass to his lips, taking a sip before licking his lips, savouring the taste. 

"Welcome back, Lando." Kika beamed as she handed me my drink. I smiled thankfully to her as I sipped the drink, my face slightly twisting with the bitter taste. Lando gave Kika a curt nod, followed with his flashy grin. 

"Thanks, Gomes. Enjoy your night." He said to the brunette as he started to pull me away, back in the direction of the dreaded dance floor. I glanced towards Lando, who's expression was full of lust. I guzzled down the remainder of my drink, hoping to find some liquid courage. 

"I hope I can steal a dance off you." He smirked at me, his green blue eyes searching through mine. Gnawing at my lip, I nodded as he intertwined our hands. 

The dance floor was dull, overbearingly full. People bumping into each other every move they made. Music boomed through the club, I could even feel it pump in sync with my heart beat. My head felt lighter, almost dizzying as the effects of the alcohol took over. Lando stood behind me, our bodies touching all the time. His body swayed with the music as his arm was raised in the air. 

I let go. I let my body sway with the music, rubbing against Lando's body. I don't know what came over me, but whatever it was it felt good. Lando was shouting out some song lyric, as his arm snaked around my waist yet again, spinning me to face him.