Chapter 1

One evening, on an island of O'ahu in Hawaii, there is a nice house near the beach. It belongs to a family of three. And there's going to be a New Year's Eve celebration going on at the beach tonight.

The house is simple and white, and only has two floors. The house is simple, but it's home. It has a porch with a grassy yard.

In the house, there is the father named Alexander Kalama. He stands around 5.6 feet tall. He has pale skin, blonde hair, thick black eyebrows, black lips. His eyes are white with red slit pupils resembling those of a snake. He has red cheeks. He is wearing a red button up shirt, with white palm leaf patterns, white pants, and black shoes.

He is busy helping clean the living room.

In the kitchen is the mother, Lilo Kalama, who is around 6.5 feet tall. She has golden tan skin, long, wavy, black hair, and blue eyes. She is wearing a black crop tube top, with a long knee length purple skirt decorated with pink, white, and blue flowers, and wears white sandals. She also has a red flower hair clip in her hair.

She is cooking some food to bring to the New Year's Eve Party, and it's going to be a Potluck Party. She made some kagami mochi, sausage balls, and pigs in a blanket. She continues to make the kagami mochi in the kitchen.

There is also someone else in the kitchen who is helping Lilo prepare the food. Her and Alexander's daughter, Zelda Kalama, is eighteen years old, and the only child of the family.

Zelda is beautiful, tall, slender, and slightly muscular for a girl her age. She stands 5.3 feet tall. She inherited both traits from her parents. Like her father, she has blonde hair, but is long and wavy. She also has rosy red cheeks. And like her mother, she has golden tan skin, brownish-pink lips, and thick eyebrows, but it's blonde. And she also has her mother's blue eyes. She is wearing a crimson red sundress decorated with white flowers on it, and wears black sandals.

Lilo turns to Zelda and asks, "How are the Sausage balls going?"

"Doing fine, but I've never had to make this many sausage balls before. Then again, we are going to be at a party," Zelda says.

Soon, Alexander walks in, "That's right. And we'll need to make sure the house is clean before heading out."

"Yeah. I can't wait for the New Year's Eve Party to start, and to see my friends and cousins," Zelda says.

"Glad to hear it," Lilo says.

Zelda turns to her dad and asks, "Hey dad, do you think I get to see anyone in your family come?"

Hearing that makes Alexander flinch. Then shows concern on his face.

He answers, "Well... Zelda, I've already told you, I've kind of not been on speaking terms with my family a long time ago."

"I know, but I still wish I could have met them, or at least know what they look like," Zelda says.

"I understand, my little mermaid. Sadly, my brother and I had a falling out and we cut ties. And well, same with the rest of my family," Alexander says.

Zelda sighs, "I suppose... but would it be nice for you to make up."

"Maybe, but it's been a long time. I'm not sure if it's possible at this point..." Alexander says. Then turns to the window and says, "Maybe someday..."

"Okay dad," Zelda says.

Lilo soon finishes with the mochi and says, "Well, now that's done. We should start getting the stuff in the car and ready to go."

"Sure hon, I'll go help. I've finished cleaning the living room anyway," Alexander says.

Alexander then grabs a couple of plates as Lilo picks up another tray with a lid on it, and both of them carry them out of the kitchen and head to the car outside. When they reach the car