Chapter 5

Sometime later, the limo arrives at the hotel as it comes to a stop.

Charlie is the first to climb out, followed by Vaggie. Angel Dust then climbs out of the limo. Zelda is the last to climb out with her backpack in her arms.

Charlie announces, "Here we are, Zelda. Welcome to the Happy Hotel."

Zelda looks and is astonished to see the hotel.

The Happy Hotel is tall, elaborate amalgamation of arched windows and turrets, one of which seems to be broken. It appears to be at least seven stories tall, with at least five of which being guest floors. Remnants of an airship, an ocean liner, a sailing ship and a carousel litter both sides and appear to have been incorporated into the structure of the building itself; there is also a train with some tracks looping the first and second floor exterior. Located on the top right of the building is a small radio broadcasting room.

The entrance has a tented cover with a booth in the center reminiscent of a circus or theater ticket booth. On either side of the booth are a set of double doors that have stained glass, and they depicted an apple on each one.

"Wow. The hotel is really big, but it's definitely an interesting structure," Zelda says.

"I know, it looks rather rundown, but we did our best to keep it in good condition," Charlie says. "Now come on, let's get you inside and help get you settled, and to help with that ankle of yours."

Vaggie opens the hotel room, allowing everyone to walk inside.

The hotel's interior is shown to be in a state of disrepair, with wooden boards covering shattered windows, signs warning of asbestos, bloodied tools left lying around, and paintings are shown hanging off the walls. Much of the furniture in the lobby are strewn around haphazardly or remain boxed up in several large wooden crates. Despite the shabby and poor condition of the hotel, the overall theme of the building remains ornate and regal, with stained glass windows, lavish furniture, and generous usage of gold. Like the rest of Hell, the hotel has a largely red color scheme. There are many apple, snake and circus motifs throughout the hotel's interior, Eyes are also a recurring theme throughout the building, appearing on the frame of almost every single painting and several vases and jars.

Zelda looks around to see the hotel and its condition. She soon notices one of the portraits, which is a family portrait of Charlie and possibly with her mother and father. But the father is what catches her attention. Besides the strange appearance, this man, who Zelda assumes is Charlie's father, looks alot like her dad.

Vaggie groans and sits down on the couch. Charlie lets out a sigh, knowing that this day hasn't gone very well.

Charlie turns to Vaggie, "Vaggie, can you get the first aid kit while I get the keys for Zelda's room."

"Okay Charlie," Vaggie says.

Vaggie then gets off the couch and leaves to get the first aid kit. Zelda then sits on the couch and places her backpack down. Kai comes out of the backpack and slithers himself on the couch and makes himself comfortable.

Angel Dust walks to the fridge and opens it to take a box of posies. There isn't too much food in the fridge, but there's at least a few popsie.

Angel begins to eat one of them, "It's probably a good idea to get some actual food in this place. Y'know, to feed all the wayward souls ya got in here."

He laughs, but becomes nervous to see Charlie having a frown on her face as she walks to the front desk. He shrugs and walks away to sit down next to Zelda.

He presents the popsie, "Here kid, it's not much, but it should help you cool off."

"Thanks Angel. I actually haven't eaten since I got here so I could have something right now," Zelda says, taking the popsie and begins licking it.