Chapter 8

Huge thanks to Josh, Hyoi, and Darika, for buying my Patreon! It really means a lot to me! anyways, onto the story!
___________________________________________
[Location: Mansion, Outside Mystic Falls] [3rd POV]
[Later that day] - [Late Night]

After finishing her talk with Emma, Talia had returned home. Emma had given Talia her number so that she could call her when she was finished with enrolling her. Talia was pretty surprised with how easy it was, but Emma promised that she would do most of the paperwork. Talia also noticed that Emma had not once talked about talking with Alaric, making her realize that Emma was about to do this behind the man's back. Probably as some sort of prank.

Their talk had continued on for a while with Talia giving Emma a brief explanation on her Tier magic, but it was incredibly brief. This was due to her not actually having a ton of knowledge on the magics yet, and she didn't really want to explain this type to her. Emma had shown interest in seeing her magics herself, which led to Talia showing off a simple lumos and a create water tier 1 spell.

The talk didn't last much longer after that as Emma had to return to the school. But Talia did get a wave goodbye from Emma and the kids. Seems that some of them had noticed her usage of magic.

The fact that she was now officially being enrolled into the school, led to the completion of her quest, which was what she was looking at right now.

[Quest Complete]
Get out of the damn house! - Go to Mystic Falls and find Emma Tig who is visiting the town with some of the younger students. Convince her to enroll you into the Salvatore school. And stop being such a loner! - Rewards: All tier 2 spells [Claim?]

'From what I remember, there weren't very many tier two spells that were explained or shown in the anime. So this is probably not going to give me much in terms of power, but I guess it could be worse, it could be some useless dogshit like the lockhart books' Thought Talia, grunting in annoyance as she remembered how terrible those books actually were.

"System, claim the rewards" Talia said, wanting to see the actual extent of spells she was gaining. She doubted it was going to be all that good, as she didn't remember any notable spells from tier 2. Most of the spells she remembered were in tier 5 and above.

[All Tier 2 Spells consumed]

At this, an influx of knowledge entered Talia's brain. Just as she guessed, the spells were rather underwhelming, most of them could be very easily replicated with her wizard, but there were a few that were actually pretty good. Cure disease allows her to cure most average diseases except stronger ones, like ones magical in nature.

The rest of the spells were mostly useless, but a couple could actually cause some damage. Thunderlance and Acid arrow were the two main ones that could prove pretty useful, at least for now. They were only really helpful due to the metamagic spells that she had, like triplet magic.

"Now that I am enrolling into the school, the only things I really have to worry about are the reactions of Hope and Alaric. Alaric should be fine as Emma will probably vouch for me. But Hope....she's a bit harder to convince. I doubt she'd be able to stop me from coming into the school, but she can potentially be rather suspicious of me which will get annoying very quickly"

'This is all under the assumption that Hope is roughly the same as in canon, for all I know she could be different. Guess I'll just have to wait and see, and not worry so much about what she and others think of me. It's not like any of them could actually do anything to me, in terms of magic at least' Talia thought, she knew that worrying about the thoughts of others were pointless, but she couldn't help herself in regards to a situation like this one.