we visit the garden gnome emporium pt2

No one's POV

ANNABETH STOPPED in middle of walk way on the bus. No one could see her because she had her baseball cap on. A gift from her mother, making her invisible.

A white haired woman sat in the window and put the news paper she reading down. "If you guys were better at your job, I might not have noticed you have so easily." Annabeth voice ringed. Her tone was low no people wouldn't hear.

She couldn't be seen. But still heard. The white haired woman kept her eyes in-front. But spoke to Annabeth. "If Thalia were better at hers, there might not be a family of squirrels making her their home."

Annabeth was glaring at the white head woman. "Is that why Hades sent you here? To gloat over a job you almost did right once?" The woman scoffed. "How things have changed. You're not the frightened little girl I can for all those years ago."

"Don't kid yourself. I wasn't that frightened." Annabeth answers. In the back of the bus Dione turned her head towards the front. Feeling something was off. She already half way through the snack.

Dione put her snacks away. Percy noticed. "What you doing? Is something wrong?" Grover looked over too. Anesthesia got up from her seat.

Having her finger on her ring that would turn into a spear if she threw it in the air. "No time. Just get ready. Something is about to happen." Dione sharply glared her eyes at the front of the bus.

Back with Annabeth and white head woman. "Maybe so. Maybe so. Either way, now if would seem that you're exactly what they say you are. The pride of Athena's offspring. Perhaps the most formidable demigod child alive."

Annabeth quickly responded. "Why are you here?" The white head turned her head towards the back seat a little. "I'm here to collect your friend." "Collect him? For what?" "Oh, I don't question orders."

The woman smirked. "Bring him in, quick and quiet, that is what I was told. Lure him off where I can take him quietly away from so many eyes, and your quest goes on unimpeded and unburdened. We both know he isn't gonna be any help to you and maybe even a hindrance."

As the white head finished. A man sat down in the seat Annabeth was sitting in. But she had already moved to the back.
"Some children must learn the hard way."

• • •

Dione

"Guys, you need to open that window! Now!" Annabeth's came up the walk way with an urgent tone.

"I don't think these window are supposed to-" Grover got cut off by Alecto raising from her seat in monster form.

"Oh, no." Grover muttered. Alecto shrieks at us. "Go, go, go, go, go!" Grover grabbed Percy and moved him to the back window. Both trying to open it but end up making it fall and shatter on the ground.

I saw this and immediately took the chance. I threw my ring in air and it turned into a spear. I caught it in both hands. Glaring at Alecto. The bus speaker came on. "Everyone, leave your belongings and exit the front of the bus."

Everyone got up and started moving to the front. Annabeth stood there. I noticed her was breath heavy. I still had my spear tight in my hands ready to attack. But Alecto got blocked by a man.

I grabbed Annabeth's arm. "Annabeth! Let's go!" I yelled. Following Percy and Grover out the window. As we were climbing out, another Fury crashed into the bus. I aimed my spear at her. Putting arm in-front of Percy and Grover.

"Hey!" Annabeth yelled. She threw her dragged at the fury while I lunged my spear right into her stomach. She disintegrated, turning into ash.

Annabeth picked her dragged from the floor. "We're done here. Let's go." She said firmly. Annabeth climbed out with Grover behind her. I put spear into a ring. Putting it on my pointer finger. And pulled Percy's arm since he was staring at Alecto.