we take a zebra to Vegas

No One's POV

DIONE STOOD THERE. Staring at the gold statue of Percy in-front of her. The shield dropped onto the floor with a very loud thud. Dione looked down at the floor and saw that Percy's pen was there. Dione had dropped it. She picked up his pen walked over to the shield.

Glancing between her friend and object on the floor in-front of her.

Dione didn't care about the shield. She wanted her friend back.

Dione went behind the machine and started looking at the gears. She's no Annabeth. Couldn't figure it out but she could turn gears and hope something happens. Dione tried to turn a gear but it was hard. It was stuck. She grunted.

And if she payed attention in engineering class. This could probably work. Maybe...
The creaking noise of the gears was worse than a door. To be honest, she had no idea what she was doing.

A door opened on the top floor. And a man with white hair and a mustache, walking with a cane, walked out.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

Dione shook her head, ignoring the man. Going back to the gears. "Do you need some help finding your way out?" The worker asked.

Dione got annoyed. "Do you need some help finding way to mind your business?" She said.
Stairs suddenly came up and connected to the railing. "So, off you go." The worker said.

"I'm not leaving without him." Dione said.

"Yeah, that isn't really how it works. It's a one-way thing. It can't be undone." The worker said. Now he was getting on Washington's nerves.

"How do you know?" Dione asked.

"Because I built it."

The daughter of Ares immediately stopped and looked slowly over at him. Sighing, "I'm not leaving without my friend. And if you're going to help, I suggest you leave me to think."

"In spite of what my brother might've told you, I am not someone who'll be pushed around. I know your father displeased you recently. You walk out of here with that shield... and you're a hero on your way to the greatest glory. And all will go back to being as it always has been, always will be... as it should be."

Dione stood from the floor. Staring at Hephaestus while he talked. "It isn't how it should be! It isn't! Eat or be eaten, power or glory and nothing else matters. Ares is that way, Zeus is that way, Athena is that way, my gods! My father is that way." Dione looked at Percy. Which was still gold. "He isn't that way..."

Hephaestus looked down. Soon turning slowly, about to leave. Then pauses, facing back towards Dione. Dione looked at the chair and the gear's started grinding again. She immediately rushed to the front of the chair. Looking at Percy, soon seeing the gold melt slowly away from his body.

Soon enough the gold was no longer covering him. Percy was panting, he felt like he hadn't been able to breathe. The boy looked toward Dione who grabbed his arm to help him stand.

Percy noticed the man standing up at the talking but had no idea who it was. "Some of us don't like what we have to do. You're a good kid Dione. I'll put in a good word with your father for you."

Then Hephaestus simply just left. Dione looked toward Percy. Giving a punch to his arm. "Ow! What was that for?!" Percy yelled, he was cut off with hug from Dione.

He soon hugged back, They pulled away, Dione noticed her father's shield. "Let's get this stupid shield and go. I've had enough today."

Dione