2

(I literally got this from a fortune cookie that came with my Dynasty order at lunch today, and the accurary is literally scary-)

(It's backwards, but it says "Today is the day you start to write your masterpiece." I started this story yesterday, and I planned to start writing this chapter an hour before seeing this.)

Foxpaw heard paws skidding to a halt behind him, but he didn't care. All he'd cared about was Mallowfur, and now, he'd lost her.

"Mom!" He wailed, grief throbbing in his chest.

"Foxpaw, run!" It was Mikey's voice. It seemed as though he'd come back to help him. However, noticing the threat, he lingered back, hesitant to fight after seeing the cat's claws and the blood soaking them.

Foxpaw's throat tightened as he drank in the sight of Mallowfur's lifeless corpse, still seeable through the now shredded open warriors' den. The rouge that had killed her was creeping towards him now, its eyes glistening with thrill. Clearly, it was enjoying how vulnerable Foxpaw was, and decided to take this kill slow.

Despite the danger, Foxpaw's paws were rooted to the ground. Unable to do anything else, he cried out for mother once more.

The rouge hunkered down, clearly planning to leap at him. Completely defenseless, Foxpaw waited for his attacker to finish him off, while Mikey yowled for him to run again.

But he couldn't. The realization that Mallowfur was gone, and that he'd die in the exact same way in just a few moments, absolutely petrified him.

In the same moment that the rouge sprang forward, another body crashed into it, knocking it right off its paws.

"Copperstar!" Foxpaw realized. The old leader held the rouge held down, but it was clear that he wouldn't be in control for much longer. "He saved me!"

"Run!" Copperstar ordered. "I'll hold this one back, you two need to seek shelter outside the camp!"

Just then, Mikey nipped at Foxpaw's leg, trying to force him to move. His paw being dragging across the ground finally brought feeling back to him, and he joined Mikey in pelting to the camp exit.

"Hey, hey!" An unfamiliar shout sent Foxpaw's fur spiking up. "There's still ThunderClan cats that are alive! Kill them!"

Both of them picked up the pace. After pushing their way out of the camp, Mikey bolted over to a set of rocks that led up a hill.

"Foxpaw, up here!" He shouted. Foxpaw clamored up a few rocks to meet him, and their pelts touched as they huddled together in fear as a few rouges burst out of the camp entrance in search of them.

"Don't," One of them hissed, as the other two started to spread out. "They're probably far off by now; there's no point in sniffing after two useless kits. Let's go meet the others."