chapter 11

(same scene but Maya's pov)

Maya

I walked out of my bedroom only to find Rayan eating my cookie dough. I leaned against the door and admired him. Even though I was secretly freaking out because out of all the people in the world, he was here. Even though it's because of an unrelated reason, he is here.

The first guy who stole my heart and never gave it back, is now the first guy to ever step foot in this apartment besides family. Congratulations Rayan Malhotra. You've scored it once again.

He slowly turned and noticed me looking at him, as I stifled my laughter I said in an amusing tone "You could've told me you wanted some"

"I mean I uhm well since you're already here can I have some?" He responded. His face flushed like im a teacher and has a five-year-old kid stealing candy from someone's extra stash of candies at school.

"That was not leftover cookie dough, that was for me. My batch of cookies" I chuckled

"So is that a no?" he raised his eyebrows cutely, no wait, rather sexily or maybe both, because that's what I love about him. The perfect balance of hot and cute.

Before I could contemplate what I was going to do, I walked over to him and snatched the spoon from the strong grip of his hand, and took a spoonful from the bowl. And with my free hand, I cupped his chin and ordered him to open his mouth. He did so and I fed him the cookie dough. I intently fixed my gaze on his beautiful brown eyes in which I could literally live in and die. I noticed that all he did was stare at my lips. I don't know what took over me, and that I fed him 3 more spoonfuls.

I came back to my senses when I felt my face getting warm and I realized that I may have been blushing because of the way he's been looking at my lips.

I put the spoon back in the bowl. and said, "And that is all you get". I walked toward my room before he would say anything because god, I sure as hell cannot let him see my face which is even redder than a tomato and I don't have an explanation for what I just fucking did. 

I soon as I walked inside my room i launched myself on my bed and buried my face in the pillows. I internally screamed, not like I wasn't already doing that as soon as my little realization moment.

And then the terror, the terror of guilt. How could I do that? I promised myself that i was not going to do stupid shit. And here I was. Doing the most stupidest shit in the whole wide world.

I wished that some eternal force of the earth would open up and engulfs me because I did not want to face him after my little experiment. I wished that I could forever reside in this room and Rayan leaves because of some event but that probably won't happen. So I got up and ought to myself to not pull these unnecessary stunts ever again. Not now, not ever.

I walked to my walk-in closet and chose the most formal outfit ever. Something classy. I put on a black coat which kinda gave a little cleavage but was not too revealing since I chose to not wear anything underneath, and black trousers. I paired it with black loafers and my favorite Prada mini shoulder bag. I put my hair in a high ponytail and wore golden jewelry. I looked like a pure CEO and not to forget a grumpy one somehow, but sophisticated.

While I was doing my make up I heard a groan from outside which made my stomach do some weird shit. What is this man doing in my house now?

 What is this man doing in my house now?