44. Aadhya

"There's so much dust ohh God!" I said while cleaning the top of the cupboard

"I know, I told you these people don't clean it carefully." Mom said from a distance.

" I own a big mansion, two supercars and I am one of the most successful psychiatrist of India and you are making me clean a dusty cupboard."
I shouted while coughing because of dust.

"Shut up. You are also a human it's not a big deal if you clean your own house." She shouted back.

While cleaning I saw a old wooden box, it was beautiful in its appearance and I couldn't control but open it.

When I opened it I saw some pictures but they were dusty, so I first cleaned them and saw a picture of three children together. One of them was me and the other two..... I cleaned them more to see their faces clearly.

Ohh shit! No way!

"Mom!" I shouted.

"What?"

"Come here for a second."

While I saw the other pictures she entered the room.

She saw the pictures in my hands and got shocked.

"What are you doing? Why did you open this?" She snatched the pictures from my hand.

"What is Reena and Aarnav doing in that picture?" I asked.

"No it's not Reena and Aarnav."

"Yes it is Mom, I have seen their childhood pictures."

"See Aadhya..."

"No Mom no more lies please tell me what's going on?"

She held my shoulders and made me sit on the bed.

"Your Dad had built a summer house for us in top hills of Shimla and we used to spend our summer vacations there. In the first year itself I met Reena's Mom, even they used to spend their summer vacations there every year . So our families got really close and you kids were best friends."

"Then why did you hide this from me? "

"Because of what happened that day." She said with tears.

"What day? What happened?"

"One day we all were busy in something or the other and we had to go for shopping for Aarnav's birthday but Reena was very small and had cold so your Dad took the responsibility of taking care of her."

"Then?"

"Your Dad ruined everything."

"What do you mean? He was taking care of Reena. What's wrong in that?"