Vanishing of Will Byers pt.1

November 1983 , Hawkins , Indiana

In the middle of the dimly-lit basement the five children sat with great anticipation and excitement as they continued to play 'Dungeons and Dragons'. The basement can only be described with one word: messy. School bags were lying randomly here and there. Pizza boxes and coke cans were lying on the floor. The air was musty and stale due to inadequate airflow. But the children were playing with great excitement even though sitting there for hours.

"Something's coming....something hungry for blood." Mike , the party's Paladin said in a low tone. The children drew closer to him in anticipation for what was coming next.
"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, it is almost here.", he said.

"What is it?", asked the party's Cleric. "What if it's the Demogorgan?", asked Alex, the party's Rogue, while cautiously glancing at her members.

"Well then we're in deep shit, if it's the Demogorgan", said the party's Bard, Dustin.
"It's not the Demogorgan!" said Lucas, the party's Ranger, confidently.

Silence filled the room and the children's eyes fixated on Mike waiting for his next move. "An army of Troglodytes charged into the chamber!", Mike yelled as others heaved a sigh of relief.

"Troglodytes?!! ", Dustin questioned doubtfully but the relief was heard in his tone.

"Told ya", said Lucas with a smug smile on his face.

But to their dismay, their relief wad very brief. The expressions on Mike's face changed and the children seeing it shifted uneasily on their seats.

"Wait, do you hear that?", he said while pausing a little. "That sound boom...boom....Boom!!"

"That didn't came from the Troglodytes, that came from something else."

The members anxiously waited in their seats.They were mentally getting ready for what was coming for them next.

"The Demogorgan!!", he shouted. A bunch of groaning noises were heard and the children deeply sunk in their seats as they knew it was their end. "Yup we're in deep shit." Dustin exclaimed.

"Will, your action", Mike gestured towards Will. "I-I don't know", he said nervously and looked at others for suggestions.

"Fireball him!", Lucas stated quickly.

"He have to roll a thirteen or higher." Alex stated.

"Too risky, cast a protection spell!"Dustin argued back instantly.

"Don't be a pussy, fireball him!", Lucas yelled and Dustin yelled right back by saying, "Cast a protection spell!"

"The Demogorgan is tired of your human bickering. He stomps towards you, Boom.", Mike grunted as he moved the figurine towards Will.

"Fireball him, Will!"

"Another stomp. Boom!"

The room fell in chaos as the loud, panicked yells of the children were heard. Both the boys were hovering over Will trying to tell him what to do.

"Cast protection!"

"He roars in anger -", Mike said growling.

"No FIREBALL!"

"PROTECTION!"

And Will stood up making a hasty decision taking the dice in his hands preparing to roll.

"FIREBALLLL!!!", and with the last word he rolled. He rolled a bit to hard. As a result the dice dispersed in a different direction. The children hurriedly looked for the dice.