The Weirdo on Maple Street pt.1

The children went back to Mike's house in Maple Street. The four children somehow managed to bring the girl inside without his parents noticing. They hurried to the dimly-lit basement where they spent hours playing D&D. The girl sat in the couch with Mike's jacket draped over her shoulders.

By this time all of them were soaked to bones, water dripping from all of their clothes. Thunder was striking very loudly and Alex was sure she caught a glimpse of the girl flinching at the sound. The boys immediately bombarded her with a ton of questions.

"Is there any number we can call for you parents?" Mike asked first as the rest of the boys followed after.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked.

"Did you run away?" Lucas added.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike interrupted.

"Is that blood?" Lucas said as he reached out to the girl when Alex swatted his hand away having had enough of the boys' silliness.

"Stop it." Mike shouted.

"You're freaking her out!" Alex scolded the boys. She could very much feel how the girl was feeling right now.

"She's freaking me out." Lucas squealed.

"I bet she's deaf" Dustin said and suddenly clapped before her to test his theory causing the girl to flinch.
"Not deaf.." Dustin concluded.

"Alright, alright that's enough, okay. Look at her she's literally shivering from the cold." Alex scolded them as she protectively stood in front of the girl so she can relax a bit.

"Mike, do you have any dry clothes for her to wear?" Alex asked as Mike ran towards the laundry basket to get some dry clothes.

The girl flinched very hard as another thunder stroke. Alex crouched down towards her level and cautiously approached her. "Hey, it's fine. You are safe now. I promise." Alex comforted the girl relaying the same words told to her when she was found.

The girl looked at her curiously and Alex could tell she was not agitated anymore. Alex slowly wrapped her hands around the girl, pulling her in for a hug. The girl relaxed in her arms strangely finding comfort.

"It's okay. It's only thunder, there's nothing to be afraid of." Alex slowly whispered. Mike came back with a pair of blue sweatshirt and grey pants.

"Here, these are clean , okay?" Mike said as he handed the clothes to the girl.

The girl cautiously accepted the clothes and smiled as she traced the soft fabric with her fingers. The girl abruptly stood up and started taking her clothes, startling the boys. Alex and Mike both held her hands before she could fully undress while Lucas and Dustin turned around horrified by the scene as they tightly closed their eyes as if they had seen something they should never have.

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD." Dustin squealed.

"No, no, no, no, no" Lucas also cried out at the same time.

"Se..see over there" Mike stuttered as he pointed towards the bathroom. "That's the bathroom. Privacy get it?"

Confusion was written all over her face. " Let me help you." Alex said as she took the girl's hand and guided her to the bathroom.

They walked in an the girl was observing every inch of the small room. Alex reached her hand to close the door but the girl stopped her by wrapping her fingers around her hands.

"Oh, you don't want it close?" Alex asked.

"No"

"Okay, I'll..I'll just keep the door open,okay?" Alex said as she left an inch open. "Like this, is it better now?"