Last day of freedom

Y/N POV:

I woke up laying down on my desk. "And I fell asleep. Perfect." I said as I stood up, last night I was stressed because I had this big test coming up in college and I was trying to study last night but I fell asleep! I got up and as I was walking out I saw a picture of my sister. She had gone missing ages ago, I kept a picture of her by my desk and I never stopped looking. It's how I usually spent my free time. I went downstairs and the smell of alcohol filled the room. I looked at my mom who was sleeping on the couch. "And she's out" I mumbled as I got a glass of water and placed it on the coffee table, I left a note saying I went to college and if I'm not back then to order food. I loved my mom and she loved me, and I'm not just saying that to lie to myself she genuinely does, all that happens when she's drunk is she cries a lot. She promised me she'd stop drinking but after dad left and my sister went missing things hit harder for her. I walked out the house and towards my collage.

Once I arrived I straight away started to walk to class, people whispering about me as I walked past. Someone who I thought was my friend had decided to share my mother's Alcohol addiction and now everyone won't stop staring and asking questions and to be honest it's really pissing me off. I got to class eventually and oh how boring it was.

Once out of class I put my books in my locker only to be met with F/N! "Hey" she smiled "oh hey" I smiled as we began to walk "so you going to that party tonight?" She asked "nah, you know my mom I need to be there for her" I smiled "fair enough, but you told me yourself she's been clean for two weeks now" she said "I woke up and there was the familer smell of alcohol and she was passed out" I said to her "oh" she said to me "F/N, can you promise me that if anything happens to me, you'll please take care of her?" I asked "of course! My family loves your mom they'd be happy to lend a hand" she smiled "thanks F/N, I can always count on you" I smiled "any time, got to get to class, see ya bestie!" She grinned as she ran away. I smiled at my friend and began to walk to my next class.

Time skip

FINALLY the day is over and I can go home. I was halfway home when I saw three familiar girls walking my way. "Fuck." I said nervously. Those three were always out to get me. They were the ones who spread the stuff about my mom and I hated them so much! One of the three pointed at me and the three began to walk over. I immediately turned and began to speed walk down the hall. "Oh Y/N! We just wanna talk!" One yelled. The last time they said that they tried to beat me up so I didn't buy it! "not interested!" I yelled back as I picked up my pace, "get over here!" One yelled, then I began to run. I turned a corner and immediately ran into the only place I could. The schools basement. I ran and made sure they couldn't see me go in. Once in I locked the door, I was safe.

"Okay I just have to wait until I'm certain they're gone. Easy!" I mumbled in a panic. Then I probably looked around "I've never been here before..." I said as I walked around in wonder, then I found a VR headset! "Oh my god!" I said as I picked it up to inspect it. "How old is this thing?" I asked as I turned it around in my hands. "Maybe I could play a game while I wait for them to leave...yeah what could go wrong" I shrugged

AN:

Famous last words

Y/N POV:

I placed the headset onto my head and turned it on. The game was titled "Amazing Digital Circus" I shrugged at the name "looks interesting." I said as I clicked play. Suddenly a beam of white light filled my vision! I screamed slightly as it took me by surprise. The screen stayed on a blank white screen for a while "maybe it's broken? I'll take it-" I felt my face for the headset but it wasn't coming off! "Uh what's going on?" I said nervously. Suddenly the whole screen turned into a game screen and I was standing on a stage. Surrounded by bright and vibrant colours.