Platonic Cale-Alberu-Choi Han Cuddles

Ron couldn't help but laugh his iconic laugh. Cale's family had been looking everywhere for the red-headed troublemaker. He was meant to show up to the new year's ceremony four hours ago, celebrating the first complete year without terrorism attacks since White Star. Panicking, people had gone so far to contact the Endable kingdom, the Whipper Kingdom and even got Cage to contact the God of Death - who didn't answer. The collective thought of the kingdom was a question - 'Was this some sort of sick power play?' - and tension thickened. Ron, though he'd never admit it to anyone but his son and Eruhaben, was very worried. Then it was revealed that Alberu and Choi Han never showed up either. The whole kingdom had combusted into utter chaos, no one trusting another.

Ron had checked the underground villa, the pubs nearby, the hotels, and checked in with villagers. He cursed, mentally, at the unpredictability of his young master. Before, it'd be a case of finding out what bar could he be at, but now? He could be sleeping in a tree, shopping, drinking, giving charity to orphanges, in another kingdom, stealing, eating out, meeting others that he might not know. He could be in the damn ocean. The butler was glad he wasn't drowning his sorrows away with alcohol anymore but the vast extense of possibilities of where the young master may be was troublesome to work through. 

"Ho. This puppy young master is far too curious. We might need to leash him." Ron had said amusedly, hiding his growing concerns. He pulled out a comb and brushed his hair back - returning to the perfect image of composed.  He had entertained that thought for a few seconds - 'it would be possible if we could surpress his ancient powers...' - before throwing it away. It wouldn't be right to restrict him, and besides, he'd probably find a way to escape. Cale is a lot like Jour, a wild, bright and free spirit. Tying him down would be... inhumane. 

And so, he had continued searching. He had gone for a quick trip - which ended up not being a quick trip at all - to the Henituse mansion to regroup and try and see if any new information was found. There wasn't. The dragons were making hundreds and hundreds of new spells to find them, but they weren't working. They said they should've worked but it just says that they're in the same place they are. Surprise, surprise, there's no Cale, Alberu or Choi Han. They excused it as the dragons panicking and probably making mistakes.

Of course, they do say hindsight is 20/20 vision but panic be damned, they really should've figured it out sooner.

Eruhaben had overworked himself, and gone impossibly pale. He had been forced to sit down, by Raon who wouldn't stop pouting. Ron had gently patted Eruhaben's forehead with a cool wet towel - thankful for a distraction. There was no other servants in the household, they were all out searching for the trio. Eruhaben was starting to regain colour in his face, the redness welcome so he'd be able to return to finding his unlucky bastard of a son. He'd waved Ron away, which was finally a good idea. This would be easier with Cale's hyung, or at least with his super loyal puppy of a knight, but all three had disappeared. He had groaned, throwing his hands up to his head, exasperated. 

Ron had made his way up the stairs when his ears perked up. Light snores. Familiar, light snores. He had scrambled up the stairs, towel thrown to a tableside and quickly burst open the study. He had taken out a light mana stone which illuminated the couch, and the sleeping people on it. Ron had sighed in utter relief, so happy that Cale was not in fact kidnapped. He also felt so stupid. He'd only found them because he went upstairs to check on the Henituse family - or more specifically the younger master and mistress. The parents had went to go search for Cale, leaving the siblings asleep. 

Of course these three fell asleep in the place that they were most likely NOT to be. Because why would they sleep in a normal place? Quickly, Ron analyzed the room and figured out the most likely - scarily accurate - answer to the problem. Since Alberu's tie was undone, and a glove on the floor, he was only just about to finish changing when Choi Han - fully dressed, ready to go - must've sat down. The Young Master, in a classy, surprising not-black suit, then must've fell asleep on him. And then Alberu must've done the same onto Cale, unfinished clothes be damned, none aware of the panic they had caused.

Ron's laughter echoed in the room, and Cale stirred. He cracked open one eye and peered at Ron. '...Wait.... Is that...Ron?' Cale bolted upright, accidentally shoving Alberu off, - who landed on his face - and checking the clock. "SHIT!"

Nonetheless, everyone was grateful to hear that they had been found, and were not in fact, dead or maimed in some sort of way. Of course, they were also very pleased to hear that they were all punished for causing so much ruckus. Choi Han was locked in the mansion for a month, Alberu was forced to start the year off with no help to do his paperwork and Cale got a slap on the wrist. In the eyes of the public, it may have been too cruel to hit Cale, their weak commander. However, Cale took it like a champ, not even crying out in pain, although it was obvious it hurt him from the way he flinched. Deruth felt immensely guilty afterwards and hugged him for a hour straight, while Violan poured healing potions onto his hand. 

P.S.

"Motherfucker didn't even feel it! He used Super Rock to protect his hand, and acted his way into guilt-tripping everyone to leave his punishment there!" Alberu bitterly scorned at the bar, after Choi Han was freed. 

"He didn't? Oh thank the heavens, I thought he might've gotten hurt." Choi Han said, taking another swig of beer.

"And the bastard told me so, because no one would ever believe me!!" Alberu growled, slamming his face into the table.

Those two were not on the same wavelength. 

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE EVERYONE!!

Have a good year!!

1069 words.