twenty

June 5th:

Today's a big day, the day of the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix. Everybody who is anybody is gathered out today to watch the racing, Charles and I included, "I'm scared to leave bear for so long.." I told Charles as I looked at my now child.

Bear had quickly taken over our hearts and it's like he's been here since day one, despite Charles being sure the dog wouldn't get in bed with us bear has managed his way every night. And truth be told, Charles loves it.

I'm actually starting to lose my space in his heart to the dog, "He's not going to be on his own Eva, and if we want to come home we can.. okay?"

"I suppose." I nodded to him watching as bear chased his own tail around, he's cute but not the smartest. Not even the slightest bit smart in fact.

"Come on, he will be fine." Charles grabbed my hand gently, intertwining our fingers as we walked out to the Ferrari that Charles had picked to showcase at the race today.

Charles and the business have a very big sponsor for Ferrari, the car has 'Leclerc' written on it as a sponsor it's that helpful. So it's only natural we went to the race today, Charles had people he wanted me to meet and as his wife I couldn't really say no that.

Once we reached the track that is literally the roads we drive down all the time as it's a street circuit we were quick to find the red Ferrari garage, "Fred!" Charles called out.

My family growing up were always Mercedes fans themselves so I knew absolutely fuck all about Ferrari as a team but I can play the game, "Charles! Hello hello!" An old grey man replied embracing him in a nice hug.

"Fred this is my wife Evangeline, Eva this is Fred the team principle of Ferraris Formula one team." He introduced me to him and then I was instantly wrapped in an uncomfortable hug too.

"Nice to meet you," I kindly said "You seem to be having great success this year, congratulations."

According to Charles in the last couple of years success at Ferrari was rare but this year they'd really turned it around, which is great for our business, "Thank you! Come on in let me show you around." Fred was very social and proud in showing us the technological side of racing that he was in charge of.

I didn't really know what he was talking about but I nodded as enthusiastically as I could and let Charles do the talking, "So the drivers will be heading over soon, we insist you stay in the garage for the race... best seats in the house." Fred told.

"Oh we couldn't." Charles shook his head.

"Nonsense, we've already made you two some of the headsets connected to the drivers radios," Fred explained passing us each a red headset "Now one moment I have last minute things to do."

Charles and I were both given seats in the garage in front of the screen the engineers and mechanics used to monitor what was happening to their designated cars, "How many years have you done this? Like come down here?" I asked him

"Every year since I was old enough to know what formula one was, my father was pretty into it. It was kind of a tradition." He shrugged it off but I knew how important his papa was to him growing up and that this meant a lot to him.

When he decided he didn't want to talk about his dad father he asked me questions instead "Did you and your family have any traditions? Like growing up?"

I sat back thinking about it for a moment, "Well my papa was always busy doing stuff, like constant, I don't remember ever sitting down and having dinner with him or anything. Not even Christmas or birthdays. My mum died when I was fourteen but up until she passed we used to go to the ballet every January first, no specific reason we just liked it..."

He raised his brows at that, "You haven't gone since? Not even with your nanny?"

"No no, my dad wouldn't have approved it. He thought it was dumb whilst she was alive and it would be even more dumb to continue it on once she was gone." I explained to him but I could tell he was confused by that.

"Well I think- 

He was cut off by an excitable Fred Vassuer who asked Charles if he would go and talk to some commentator guy out on the track who was chatting with celebrities that had come out to see the race, so of course Charles agreed to.

"Do you want to come with Eva?" He asked me but before I could even reply Fred was adamant I should go too.

As soon as we were far enough away I whispered to Charles, "I don't know what I'm saying, you do the talking..."

He squeezed my hand reassuringly and I knew it would all be okay as we walked out to the track, "Charles Leclerc and Eva Leclerc! Lovely to see you out here can we interview you!" A lovely reporter woman asked as she stood with a microphone.

We both nodded to her as the camera began rolling, "Hi it's me again and I'm here with the newly married Leclerc's who are taking the world by storm and are the biggest sponsors Ferrari have ever seen, so Charles what do you have to say about the success this season..?"

"It's great to see! The car looks great and the drivers are going well, we were very happy to see their contracts are both extended to next season." Charles replied, he's so well like media trained, he sounds so eloquent..

"Eva what are your thoughts on the tyre strategy today? Would you make any changes?" She asked putting the microphone in front of my mouth.

oh shit

"I mean who am I to say, we all know anything can happen with this sport especially if the weather changes... what do you think about it?" I asked trying to cover myself, my father always said if you don't know answer it with a question.

Charles nodded to me signalling I didn't completely fall on my face but I really don't know anything about tyres or their grips, I didn't even realise they had different colours until earlier today, "Well thank you for your input guys, good luck today Ferrari!" She smiled at us as the thing ended.

Thank god, "Not totally tragic." I muttered.

You know in another life I think Charles was a scudderia Ferrari formula one driver, he just gives me the impression he'd be good at it.