𝐈 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐙𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓, staring at the page of her book sitting in an uncomfortable airport chair while her sister talked to their uncle Richard on the phone. Feeling her shoulder being nudged, the girl snapped out of her trance, looking up to see Jackie looking at her with wide eyes, "They're here." Jackie breathed out, nodding to where the red-headed woman and her husband were walking.

Maeve stood up from her seat, shaking off the sleepiness, bracing herself for the inevitably awkward interaction, "Jackie, Maeve, Hi!" Katherine said to us with a warm smile.

"Hi!" Maeve said with a half smile and an awkward wave looking over at George who sent her the same comforting warm smile his wife sent her as Jackie hugged the woman.

"I'm so happy you're here," Katherine said as she released Jackie and moved over to hug Maeve next.

"Thanks, Katherine," Jackie replied while Maeve embraced the kind woman.

"So, um.." The woman stuttered, gently letting go of Maeve, turning around and looking for her husband.

"Over here." George joked as he and Katherine shared a smile.

"Thank you," She let out a light laugh, "Remember George?" She said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Hi George," Jackie let out, sending him a smile as he pats her and Maeve's shoulders, walking behind them to roll their bags out.

"Thanks," Maeve said to George with a slanted smile as she watched him take their suitcases and bags.

"No problem sweetheart," George responded, flashing a smile, walking past the two girls with their belongings.

"Was the flight okay?" Katherine asked as they started walking back to the car. "Do you need anything before we go? Get something to eat or coffee?" The woman rambled.

Maeve looked at Jackie who was slightly shaking her head, "No, no, We're okay, don't worry," Maeve spoke for her and her younger sister.

Maeve put on her headphones once she got in the car, listening to music at what's probably considered an unreasonable volume as she watched out the car window, admiring the gorgeous greenery and animals, not a single towering building in sight. It was safe to say her eyes were glued to the window in awe the entirety of the drive.

"Wow, it's so beautiful here." The girl said to her sister, stepping out of the car.

"I know right, it's nothing like New York. That's for sure," Jackie responded, looking around with a smile on her face.

Katherine turned around to face the sibling duo, "You okay?" She asked the two girls standing in silence.

"Fine," Jackie said, smiling at the woman.