[2a] Someone's Safe Space (1/2)

You run, run far away from the cabin, and into the woods. Many eyes attached in the trees look at you as you run for your life. You can't get distracted so you try to ignore them, but you hate the feeling of being watched. You feel like the trees are helping the two track you down.

You then tripped on a root and fell into a hole right next to it. It's going to be a long fall. A long, long fall. You close your eyes as a memory flash before your eyes.

~~~~~

"Hal! Oh Hal! Wake up now buddy, I made breakfast!"

A warm voice of a female calls you out. You open your eyes. Your caretaker entered your room with a plate of bacon and eggs. You can tell by the smell. Unfortunately, you're too sickly to even stand up.

Caretaker: "Here you go! I made your favorite, bacon and eggs! Hope you feel better soon."

She places the plate on the desk beside your bed and helps you eat. Not like you can do it on your own. You're paralyzed. You feel bad for your caretaker needing to do everything for you. Only if you weren't at the stage of this sickness, you would help her. She must be so tired.

Hal: "Don't you get tired of taking care of me?"

She stares at you for a moment before answering. She smiled at you.

Caretaker: "Of course not! Why would I be? I can't lose you. I would do everything to make you feel better."

Silence filled the room as you stared outside the window. It's sunny today. You hear noises of children having fun.

Hal: "Hey ██████, when I get cured from the virus, I wanna pursue my dream of being a doctor like you."

~~~~~

[Nautilus POV]

Nautilus: "Crap! We lost them, Aura! What're we gonna do!!"

I cried out as I grabbed Aura's shoulders. The rest of her body wasn't hard and shiny unlike her head. Sometimes I wanna ask why her head is made of crystal but the rest of her body isn't. Or... did she used to have a natural head before it became a crystal? I shake my head and let go of Aura. Now's not the time to think about that stuff.

Aura was already staring at me as if she was disappointed by my actions. I scratched my head and let out a small chuckle.

Nautilus: "Ah. I- I'm sorry. It's just that, I'm scared! I don't want to disappoint him. Who knows what he would do to us if we failed to steal the souls away from Hal?"

Aura: "Calm down. I have a plan. We'll have to split ways. You go to the left and I'll go to the right."

Nautilus: "I don't think that's a good idea..."

Aura: "Look, it's the only choice we could make. If we want to successfully steal the souls and bring it to him, we have to split ways. They're just around in the woods somewhere."

Aura's right. I sigh and nod my head. I raised my hand and summoned my trident, which illuminated the position Aura and I am in right now with its bright blue light.

Nautilus: "Alright, let's get going."

We split up. I remember that there's a sea nearby at the left side of the woods. The eyes in the trees are making me really uncomfortable, this is why I don't go out so often. Suddenly, a shadow seemed to have passed by me, I flinched.

Nautilus: "Eek!"

I pointed up my trident towards the direction of where I saw the shadow. It's gone, for now. I shouldn't worry about that thing, I have to go look for Hal.