Chapter 55

(A third chapter in a day! I low key feel disappointed about this chapter, so let me know what you think

(A third chapter in a day! I low key feel disappointed about this chapter, so let me know what you think.)

"He what?!" Ali yelled through the phone.

"He kicked me Ali, then finally Bobby reacted." I sighed, feeling the emotions from last night begin to dwell.

"Daniel... how is he now?"

"He's fine," I began to admit, "Daniel and Mr. Miyagi seemed weird. Like they were hiding something. But I shouldn't think too hard about it," the phone was silent on her end, "I'm sure he will call and tell you about last night sometime soon. I think it is just a lot for him too."

She hummed in response.

"Then I came home, Mom seemed so worried. My uncle is sick again and my dad went down with him."

Ali spoke up, "I'm so sorry."

"Yeah. Mom won't even tell me when he will come back or at least she doesn't know. I'm not sure."

Ali sighed, "Gosh I'm sorry. You have so much going on."

"Yeah..." I cleared my throat, "You know what?"

"What?"

I smiled, "How about a little coffee shop girls' date?"

"Right now?"

————

"Wow, I haven't been in this shop before."

"Well, to be honest, I haven't either." I laughed.

Ali walked up to the counter, ready to place an order. After ordering our drinks, we went and sat at a table. It was silent for a bit. Both of us looking out the window, watching people pass by.

"You know I have to be honest." She spoke up.

I gave her a confused look.

She sighed, fiddling with the sugar packets. Ali rested her head on her hand, thinking hard about something, "Me and Daniel aren't talking right now."

My heart dropped a little bit. Ali and Daniel? There is no way. I mean how? They were like the perfect couple. Heck everyone was probably rooting for them. I crossed my arms, "What do you mean Ali? You guys were fine at lunch the other day?"

She shook her head. Ali leaned back against the booth and closed her eyes for a moment, "He kind of brushed me off and it hurt my feelings."

"Brushed you off," I questioned, "Like how?"

She sat uneasily in her seat, "I don't know." She sat quietly.

Was it that serious? Maybe it wasn't! They seemed fine at lunch the other day, I mean come on. Daniel even seemed fine and didn't mention a thing.

"He brushed me off to hang out with you okay..." she looked down.

I couldn't help but smile, "Ali? Are you being serious right now?"