Chapter One

A girl yelled at a boy, telling him to come back with her. He asked her to wait for him and followed her. Suddenly, there was a loud sound of a gunshot, and everything went black.

Avneet woke up horrified. She always has this kind of dream. Her phone rang "Mom."

"Good morning, Avu, are you ready for college?"

"Yes, mom."

Feeling the pressure of time, she ended the call quickly. She hurriedly picked up her bag and headed out the door, filled with excitement and anticipation for her first day.

As she headed out, Vaishnavi called her "What is taking you so long?" to which she apologized and informed her that they were already running late.

Vaishnavi responds with a quick "okay" and they made their way.

Avneet has known her since they were 10 years old, their dads are business partner, and friends. On their way, they met with their other friends, Jannat and Anushka.

As they were on their way, Anushka couldn't wait to share some juicy gossip with her friends. "Guys, you won't believe what I found out about our college" she exclaimed.

However, Vaishnavi cut her off "Yeah, we won't believe it." The other two friends laughed and nodded in agreement.

Anyway, Anushka continued "Okay, but you guys wanna hear this one! Our college has four famous boys - the Nigam brothers, Faisal Shaikh and Riyaz Aly. They are like something out of a movie - rich, handsome, and popular among everyone. I heard they throw big parties every weekend. Can you imagine how cool that would be?" With excitement in her voice, she spoke and told her friends all the juicy gossip.

The girls were walking to their classes, when Avneet, who was preoccupied with thoughts, accidentally bumped into someone.

She muttered a quick 'sorry' and tried to leave. But stopped when she heard him say, "Girls always look for some excuse to bump into me."

Avneet, clearly annoyed, retorted with a sarcastic comment, "Have you seen yourself in the mirror? I don't think so. *Smile* Please do me a favor and look at yourself in the mirror."

With that, Avneet stormed off toward her classes, still visibly annoyed by the incident.

As Avneet and her friends left, Riyaz, who had been walking a few steps behind the group, couldn't help but notice how attractive she was, and commented, "So hot."

Faisu noticed that Siddharth was lost in thought and shook him to bring him back to the present moment.

Curious, Faisu asked, "What were you thinking?"

"About our sister-in-law?" His other two friends tease.

Siddharth's face turned a little red, but he tried to hide it and responded in a nonchalant tone, "No, shut up guys, let's go."

Despite his efforts to remain calm, Siddharth is unable to shake off his thoughts about Avneet. He finds himself inexplicably drawn to her, though he can't quite explain why. It's a strange feeling, but he can't deny that the girl has captured his attention.

The girls talked about the incident and agreed that the boy was so full of himself.

_____
Vote and Comment