Chapter Nine

Avneet returned from London and saw there were dozens of messages from Siddharth and her friends. After informing her friends about her return, she decided to call Siddharth, breaking the week-long silence.

"Siddharth?"

"Avneet" with relief in his voice.

"I thought I wasn't going to hear from you again. Are you okay? Did you leave because I ask you out?"

"Chill, Siddharth," she interrupted and continued "I had some work and I'm back now."

"Wait I am coming" he said before cutting the call abruptly.

She started unpacking while waiting for Siddharth's arrival. A knock was heard from the door. She opened the door and without a word, he embraced her, making her surprise.

As he stepped back, sensing her surprise, he apologized and explained "I didn't mean to. I was just relieved to see you."

They settled on her couch, and Siddharth, unable to contain his curiosity, asked, "Why did you leave so suddenly?"

"Some work comes up" she replied, swiftly changed their topic "Did you submit our project?"

"Yeah, I submitted" he assured her.

Siddharth wanted to ask about their interrupted date but hesitated, sensing it might not be the right time. After a conversation, he eventually left.

Later that evening, Avneet was catching up on the studies she had missed during her absence.

She got a message from Siddharth 'what are you doing?'

She replied 'catching up with my study that I have missed.'

'O must be hard and boring. How about I help you tomorrow well it's better than studying alone. And with me it will be less boring and not that hard.'

Avneet had not attended school for three days as she was sick. She was doing her incomplete work and study when a boy entered "Avi, what you doing?" He asked.

"I am trying to study" she said and sighed.

"It must be boring and hard" he said and she nodded.

"How about I help you and that will be better than studying alone. And with me around it will be less boring and a little bit fun." He suggested and she nodded eagerly. They both sat there for hours to study.

She had a sad smile on her face recalling these memories. She responded to Siddharth's text with a simple 'okay' and called it a day.

Before drifting off to sleep, she messaged Lucy about her recent flashback, a commitment she had made to share every detail of her nightmares.

Before going to bed, she messaged Lucy about her recent flashback. Lucy had told her to inform her everything about her nightmare and flashback.

And she slowly drifted off to sleep while listening to some relaxing music.

In a flowery garden, a young boy and girl were playing around happily. Laughter filled the air as he was chasing after her, shouting "Avi, I will catch you."
But suddenly, everything went quiet, and the girl saw a dark figure taking the boy away. Panicked, she ran towards them, calling his name, but he vanished into thin air leaving her alone. The girl's screams echoed, and the flowers started losing their colors, turning everything into black.

Avneet woke up with the haunting image still vivid in her mind and a part of the dream was still visible in her eyes. Her breath came in heavy, uneven beats as she tried to shake off the unsettling feeling.

Glancing at her bedside table, she noticed her clock, and it was still early. With a sigh, she reached over to silence the music that had played throughout the night.

Restless and unable to sleep, Avneet walked into her theater room. With the soft glow of the screen, she settled into the plush seats.

With each passing second, she wished for the arrival of morning, only by then she will be able to escape the haunting images that were still vivid in her thoughts.

_____
Vote and Comment