chapter 12

Maya

Did he call me his? No, I'm just crazy.

We walked out of the car and he offered me his arm which I took and we walked inside the resort.

"Oh hello handsome" Darshil's mom called for Rayan

"Hi Isha" he smiled at her. Isha. My dude has lost his manners or what? She diverted her attention towards me and her eyes swelled up with tears.

"Shanaya?" She asked with her shaky voice

"I- I'm Maya. I work with Darshil." I smiled at her, trying to console her.

"I am so sorry, you remind me of my daughter a lot. It felt like she was here with me again." She sobbed. At this point, I was so curious to know what happened to her daughter but I chose not to ask questions because that would just be insensitive.

Confused, I pulled her in a long hug, thinking it would comfort her. After almost 2 minutes, she let me go and wiped her tears.

"Sweetie, you both look amazing together," she said looking at me and Rayan

"Oh, we're not-" Before I could finish she crooked her finger which made Rayan lean down and she whispered something in his ear.

Rayan

"She is beautiful, if not her then who is Rayan? Are you stupid, she seems kind too don't let her go." Isha whispered in my ear. I mean she wasn't wrong.

"Isha were not together" I whispered back and straightened my back.

"Well let's get seated?" Darshil asked and Maya and I nodded. I walked alongside Darshil while Maya and Isha exchanged pleasantries.

"My mom said something about her know?" he asked

"Yes" and I passed him an apologetic smile

"Well whatever she said, do it. We know she's right" he said

"Save it. Why aren't you asking me to scare away your date tonight then? I mocked

"Shut up dude" he whined.

We walked to the table closest to the pool and Isha intentionally made me sit next to Maya. I acted like I hated it, but who am I even kidding? Of course, I loved every second of it. I pulled out a chair for Maya and passed an apologetic smile while sitting next to her.

Darshil and I talked while Maya and his mom engaged in some conversation in which I knew that I was involved. For as long as I have known Isha, I know that when she plays cupid, it will probably work, but for such a beautiful girl like Maya, it won't work.

I suddenly heard Maya wince because of which my eyes dropped to Maya's wrist which was bleeding. I nudged her back and she diverted her attention towards me.

"What?" she asked

"Maya. Your wrist," I said

"Shit. I didn't know I hurt myself." She looked at me and then back at her finger, she pulled out a tissue from the holder and dapped it on her bleeding wrist.

"What do you think you're doing? Give that to me" I whisper yelled. She looked at me and agreed

I pulled out another tissue and slowly dapped it on the bleeding part

"Fuck me" she silently cried in pain to herself. I wish I could Maya I wish I could

"It's okay sweetheart," I said slowly caressing her wrist

"How did I do this to myself?" she asked herself more than it felt like it was directed towards me

"You want me to dress it? a first aid kit is in my car I'll get it" I asked