𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦.

. ━━━━━━━━ .

𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐑 𝐘 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄   𝐃 𝐈 𝐄 𝐒   𝐈 𝐍   𝐓 𝐇 𝐄   𝐄 𝐍 𝐃
000

𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐑 𝐘 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄   𝐃 𝐈 𝐄 𝐒   𝐈 𝐍   𝐓 𝐇 𝐄   𝐄 𝐍 𝐃000

In Your Dreams

. . .

"𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑴𝑰, you are my pride and joy."

The voice echoed engulfing everything in a deafening silence.

As they took a step, the dock's floorboards creaked under their weight.

The eerie silence slowly drifted, blending into the rhythm of the waves.

Pausing, they glanced back- watching the dock extend into the fog surrounding them.

" Come back to me, Akemi. "

A sudden ringing pierced their ears, rendering the words incomprehensible.

The piercing ringing gradually increased. The pain they felt- it was agonizing.

Make it stop.

I don't like it.

It hurts!

Clutching their ears, they stumbled in a desperate attempt to mute the sound, but it only worsened. They screamed, yet no sound came out.

Make. It. Stop.

Blinking open eyes they hadn't realized were shut, they discovered themselves at the ocean's floor. A gasp escaped, forming air bubbles that ascended. Couldn't breathe, he thought. Their eyes fought to stay open, determined to stay conscious.

Gradually, their vision blurred, and an image materialized before them.

He extended his arms, attempting to reach that figure.

" A..ke..mi... "

                              The sizzle of oil in a heated pan could be heard from the kitchen, followed swiftly by the sweet, smoky scent of bacon wafting through the apartment as it hits the hot surface. A low, gentle hum emanated from the cook as he made his way around the kitchen, gathering breakfast ingredients. He cracked three eggs from the carton, deftly whisking them together in a clear bowl, making sure to add pepper, salt, and some msg.

He made sure the bacon was well-cooked before transferring the egg batter into another heated pan. With a spatula in hand, he skillfully mixed the egg batter, crafting the perfect scrambled eggs. After everything was cooked, Masato arranged the bacon and scrambled eggs on a plate, setting it atop the kitchen counter.

Glancing at the clock, it told him that it was time for his son to eat breakfast and that it was time for him to leave for work. He untied the knot of his apron, taking it off, and lazily placing it on the stool.

ʼ Time to wake up the kid. ʼ

[name] gasped, bolting upright from his sleep, drenched in sweat. He clutched his chest, breathing hard, scanning his room urgently, as if to make sure he wasn't trapped in another dream. Throwing off his blanket, feeling too hot, he sat on the edge of his bed and stared at the floor, lost in thought.

His mind was filled by the recurring dream, the constant repetition of the name Akemi-his mother's name. Every night, the same dream haunted him, the same voice whispering those words, it was just a different place everytime.

Knock! Knock!

He flinched at the sound outside his room, then shook his head, got up, and opened the door. His father's cheerful smile faded to concern seeing [name]'s flushed face and sweaty form.

"You okay, kid? You're all red," Masato said, placing a hand on his son's forehead- normal temperature. "Well, you don't have a fever."

[name] pushed his father's hand away. "I'm fine, Dad. Just had a nightmare," he mumbled causing Masato to sigh and ask, " Same one? " to which [name] responded with a slight nod.

"Go take a shower. Breakfast's in the kitchen. I'm gonna head to work," Masato said, checking his watch. He pulled [name] closer, planting a small kiss on his head. "I'll be back tonight." [name] nodded, watching his father head out for work.

" Off to an awful start. "

He stepped out of his room, shut the door, and headed to the bathroom. Stripping off his clothes, he turned on the shower, feeling the semi-cold water wash over his still-sweaty body. Closing his eyes, he let his mind wander, finding solace in the soothing sensation of water trickling down his skin.

' I have to go to school... '

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

- I finally gave in and decided to Re-writethis book

this book...again.

- When I first created this book, I had no idea where
it was gonna go. But, after my brain started concocting
a bunch of stuff about this book I finally re-wrote it again.

- Especially with how my aesthetic changes overtime, I wanted to change it.

- I hope you enjoyed this prologue.

- Proofread.
( If I missed anything, inform me )